Ch. 32 ) Who Is She

Please read the following before continuing:

This entire chapter will only be about Rayne's past. Some sensitive topics will be mentioned within this chapter so feel free to skip.

Only this chapter will to be in the first-person perspective (Rayne's perspective), please keep that in mind. Think of it as a short autobiography. And FYI, so there isn't any confusion, the date is set back 12 years ago.

Without further a do, I hope you all enjoy her story :)

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

────────── ·  ·  ·  ·  ♡

"..."

"......"

"..........Mommy.......it's me."

I sat down in front of a tombstone, holding a rose in my hand. I had a worn out sweater on because it was currently winter season.

"I brought your favorite flower today. Wren helped me pick it out!" I place the rose on Mommy's grave. "I hope you like it. Wren told me that it's good manners to gift flowers to dead people."

As I continued to chat to Mommy, talking about random things and what my sister and I've been doing lately, footsteps begin to approach me. "Rayne."

I turn my head around, and see my older sister standing there– Wren.

"It's time to go now," Wren said to me. She was currently 11 years old and had long, light-blue hair. But what really strikes about her, are her beautiful emerald-green eyes.

I didn't move an inch. "But, I'm not done talking to Mommy! Just five more minutes!"

Wren was shivering from the cold. "Rayne, we really need to go home! I'm sick, remember? I can't stay out in the cold like this."

Why does she have to be so bossy with me? She acts like Mommy sometimes. I exhale with frustration and stand up. "Bye, Mommy. I'll try visiting tomorrow!"

I stand there for a second longer. "...I miss you."

"RAYNE!! Don't make me repeat myself!!!" My sister rose her voice at me. The strain she used in her throat caused her to cough a bit.