Chapter 16:Family Reunion

~Family Reunion~

Estrella's POV

River got up and sat beside me. I move further away from him. He got understand that i don't wanna be near him, so he stayed in his place this time. Away from me.

"I-i am sorry. You have gone through a lot. I know, no words can make you feel better. But i promise i will make sure That the person who hurt you gets punished. In a painful way." he said in a stern voice. The fire in his eyes holds something powerful. I can sense our mutual hate for Silas. He was waiting for his prey. But does it matter anymore? The deed is already done. Nothing can make me happy anymore. River hurt me, the pain  won't go away no matter how much i try. I will always be his enemy's daughter, his rival's sister. I always be the girl who broke his trust by hiding her true identity. The conflicts will always remain. And i, Estrella Rose Valentino gives only one chance.

"And what do you want me to do?" i asked with narrowing my eyes at him.

"Stay with me......" he said. His eyes were full of emotions that i had never seen before.

"You must be kidding?" i snicked. Didn’t he called my father to take me away? "You called my father to take me back and now you want me to stay! Wow, what a joke! My father is on his way to take me back to his prison." i let out a bitter laugh. He looked away.

"I will convince Marcus to let you stay with me. And...." he stopped midway.

"And....?" i asked.

".....if he don’t agree, i will have my own way. I won't let him take you away." he said with determination.

"And who are you to stop my father or me or anyone from my family? Who the heck are you to me? You aren’t my boyfriend nor my partner." i spoke. Well it was true. He never told who i was for him? He never cleared the confusion. He was stunned at my outburst. He became speechless.

"My life isn’t a joke.  You can't just use me and then push me away anytime you want." i made it clear to him. He finally gather Himself to speak.

"I-i wasn’t using you...." he said looking hurt. "I really liked—" before he can complete, i cut him off.

"Oh please, River. Stop using the same words over and over again. You hurt me, the pain won't go away no matter how much i try. I will always be Valentino Principessa, your enemy's daughter. The conflicts will always remain. The regrets of you being with me will always remain deep down in your heart. As for me, i, Estrella Rose Valentino gives only one chance which you already wasted. I didn’t even gave my own brothers another chances to explain before I left." i said as tear pricks my eyes. I shut them off not wanting to let my tears fall.

"I don’t regret what happened between us. I never will. But i will regret, if i let you go." he said and sat on his knees in front of me. "Baby....please i-i lov—" before he can complete his sentence Lance, one of his guards burst into my room. River glared at him, he immediately looked down.

"S-sir, the V-valentinos are here." he said looking down. I sigh and got up to face the reality.

"Come on River. Lets meet my family." i said making my way towards the door. But then River caught my wrist and pull me back to him. He hugged me tightly and whispers in my ears "I will go and meet them. You stay here." he said while caressing my back.

"No." i said pushing him a little. "I will go and meet my family." i said. Panic hits him as he said. "NO. They will take you back to Italy."

I bitterly smiled at him and said. "Isn’t it what you wanted? That's why you called them. You didn’t even gave me a chance to explain. " pain flashes in his eyes as he spoke "...i am sorry..."

"Oh no. You aren’t. There’s nothing you and i can do, now. The deed is already done. I am just waiting for the damages to be done." i said and kissed him. He kissed me back with full force. The kiss made me feel alive again. I felt safe into his arms, but this feeling was just for some times before dad drag me back to Italy. I was the first one to break the kiss. I and he make our way to living room where my dad was.

Deep down i already know, this day will came. Sooner or later. I heard Seren's muffled voice from living room. I didn’t dare to enter in the living room. But that didn’t stop me from peaking in the room trying to see what's happening. Seren was crying while hugging dad.

"D-dad, i missed y-you." Seren said crying her heart out. It was painful to see my little sister like that. I separate her from her own family. What kind of a sister i am! She was suffering all those years, but never said anything. Tears rolled down my eyes seeing the sight of the father and children reunion. I felt a pang of jealousy in my heart. Dad, he came here for Seren and Kai, not for me. He don’t even care about me. But the other two men, who was pacing around in the room with worried faces made me feel like, at least someone came for me. My brothers cares for me. Well they always did. Nico and Ace never really liked our half-siblings and stepmother aka our aunt. Yes our aunt, my mother's little sister. After our mother's death aunt Mariana raised us. At some point, dad and aunt fell in love and got wed. But my brothers were against the wedding. Although i was happy for aunt and father. Nico didn’t liked them, but nor hated them. He simply didn’t care. He acted like, they don’t matter. But Ace always hated Seren and Kai cause they are dad and aunt's kids. Ace thinks dad mistreat me cause of them. But he doesn’t know the real truth behind dad's hate.

River finally entered the room. I quietly followed behind. A look of relieve made there way on my brothers face.

"Estrella...." said Ace.

End Of Chapter 16