Chapter 20: Day-out with Fransisco

'Day-out with Fransisco'

Estrella's POV

I woke up a little late in the morning. As soon as i woke up, a maid came to summon me for dinner.

"Sir Marcus wants you to join everyone for breakfast." Those were her words.

I knew i was already late. Yet, i took ny sweet time to get ready.

Third Person's POV

Meanwhile, Marcus tapped his fingers on the dinning table. He was getting more and more impatient.

"What's taking her so long? Did she forgot her manners?" Marcus said in a cold voice.

"She will be here soon." Mariana said hushing her husband. In the meantime, Faith, Kai and Seren were chatting happily. Nicolai watched his siblings and wife getting along and grinned. On the other hand, Ace was tapping on his phone.

Finally, the most waited person made her appearance. Estrella. As soon as she entered, all the eyes were on her. Ace put his phone down and ran to hug his baby sister. Estrella hugged her brother and went to sit beside a giggling Kai. She kissed his cheeks, as she thought how happy he looks now.

Everyone starts eating and chatting happily.

"Faith, i heard your little sister returned from New Zealand?" Marcus asked his daughter in law. Faith put down her fork to answer his questions.

"Yes, papa. You've heard right."

"Is she finally going to join your father's business?" Marcus asked.

"No, papa. Father intended to keep Hope away from our business." Faith answered carefully. Why was he asking about Hope anyway? Faith thought.

"So, is it true that Yohan will hand over his business to Ariel?" Marcus asked, trying to get some word out of Faith's mouth. As the mention of Ariel, Faith's eyes got alert. Suddenly, the atmosphere dropped. The happy atmosphere was changed with dreadful silence.

"Papa, why are we talking about that now?" Nicolai said. He had already sensed something. He knew his father will ask something reckless. Nicolai looked at his wife and gulped seeing Faith glaring at his father. Nicolai placed his hand on Faith's thigh to calm her down.

"Maybe, father will hand over his precious business to Ariel, since Ariel is his favourite daughter." Faith said through gritted teeth. She slapped Nicolai's hand away from her thigh.

"You have two sisters. But, you only told me about Hope." Seren pouted at Faith.

"She will take over your father's business? She is brave, since she is willing to do all the mafia's dirty work." Estrella said looking at Faith. Faith didn't answered anyone. She stayed quite looking down.

In New York, USA🇺🇸

River sat by his room's window, drinking whiskey. The strong alcohol burnt his throat, but he liked it. He liked the bitter taste. Ever since she left, his life became bitter. Why? Did he loved her? No, didn't. He repeated in his mind that he didn't love her.

"I don't love her, do i? She is nothing special. Why do i like her so much? Have i already fell for her?" River murmured as he remembered her smiling face. I meet many beautiful women everyday who are willingly throw themselves at me. Yet, no one seems to catch my attention. It is only her who takes over my mind everytime. River thought.

He knew he missed her. Yet, he refused to acknowledge. He refused to say that loud out.

Suddenly, the door of his room banged open. Serena walked in with all her glory. She narrowed her eyes at her brother.

"What are you doing? Calling out to her by drinking yourself to sleep?" Serena asked her as she was annoyed at him for some reason.

"Your stubbornness will kill you one day." Serena said through gritted teeth. "If you love her, go get her. If not, then stop being a pathetic." Serena spat angrily at her brother. She then stormed out of River's room.

Estrella's POV

I look around the restaurant that Fransisco booked for us. Fransisco planned an entire day-out with me. But, the thing that annoys me is every half an hour his phone rings. Can't blame him though. He left many of his work unattended to hang out with me.

"Estrella, I am going to head out for few minutes. Don't go anywhere! If you sense anything suspicious, call me, okay?" Fransisco warns as if I am a child. I rolled my eyes at him and scoffed.

"Princess, I am being serious."

"Okay, okay. Happy now?" I put on a fake smile. He chuckles, then left to answer his phone call.

I already started eating since I was too hungry to wait. Fransisco wouldn't mind, right? As I was pondering over Fransisco, I noticed few men sneaking glances at me. I chuckled nastily as I put my fork down and place my hand inside my purse where my gun is.

Lay a hand on me and you all are dead meat! Fucking bastards... I cursed at them silently.

After observing them for few moments, I let my guard down. But, who said my life is peaceful? I heard a gun shoot as soon as I took a peaceful breath. People starts screaming and runs out of the restaurant. The whole restaurant was in chaos.

Why, you fuckers? You wanna die so soon?

I pull out my gun. But, I wasn't fast enough. Something cold metal was pressed hard against the back of my head. It didn't took much time to figure out what that thing is.

I hid my gun under my t-shirt.

"Enough with eating, doll face. Shall we get going?" A voice said from behind me. I smirked thinking how will I kill this idiot fucker.

"Who are you?"

"Why should I tell you?" he barks at me.

"Then, do you know who I am?" i asked as a faint smile appeared on my face.

"Marcus' oldest daughter. So, the rumors were true when we heard that he finally tracked down his daughter?" He said and laughed along with his partners. I waited for the whole restaurant to get clean. As soon as everyone was out except for these fuckers, I took action. In split seconds, I turned around, snatched the gun from his and shoot him in middle of his eyes. The other three guys became shocked. I took advantage of this moment and shoot another man in his abdomen. The other two tried attacking me, one of them shot me. But, I hid behind the pillar to dodge the bullets.

"Careful, she can't die. We need her alive." One of them shouts. I smirked thinking I have a great advantage.

The two grabbed my arms, I hit one of them with my gun.

"Fuck... This bitch..." He cursed loud out as blood starts dripping from his forehead. As I prepared to shoot them, someone shot them both in split seconds.

Author: Estrella is in action again. I like her when she is in her badass mood. Which one do you like? Her crying/miserable or sassy/badass mood?

If you like this chapter, please like and comment. Your likes and comments inspires me a lot. Feel free to point out my mistakes and tell me your thoughts about this chapter. Love, love~ Muskan

Instagram:_buttercup_muskan_