Chapter 18: Back In Italy

Estrella's POV

"So, exactly what's going on between you and River?" Nico asked with amusement. I simply ignored him.

"Ignoring us, huh? We met so many years later. But here you are, ignoring us." Ace said. I didn’t said anything. I closed my eyes and let myself get doomed in my misery.

Life is so unfair. But hey, isn’t it what life is all about?

But why always me? I just wanted to get loved. But then again, i had to pay a price for wanting something which i can't have. Last time, my only friend, Luca was taken away from me. This time my freedom was snatched, i was pushed back to my dark past. And all of this happened because i let myself fall for him. Fall for a man like River. Now i did the mistake, i had to pay the price. But Kai and Seren looked happy. Everyone looked happy. Except for......me

"....will be so happy to meet you." Nico said. I only heard the last part.

"What?" i asked again.

"Faith and Vincent will be happy  to meet you." Nico smiled brightly.

"Faith and Vincent?" i asked him. Who are they? Never heard of them before.

"Our sister in law and nephew." Ace said. I narrowed my eyes him. Then realization hits me.

"NICO! Your wife and son?" i yelled.

"Yes." Nico said chuckling.

"OMG. You got married! " i stated, looking at him with wide eyes. Ace and Nico laughed seeing my reaction.

"I can't wait to meet them." i said hugging both of my brothers.

♥♥♥♥♥

3 hours of flight and now, i am back in Italy. I sigh in defeat and looked at Seren. I almost felt jealous. She is smiling. Fuck. Both her and kai are happy as fuck. I scoffed in my mind.

"Shall we?" said Ace and put his arm around me.

"Do i have a choice?" i asked and smiled bitterly.

"No." he said as his smile flattened.

"Please, let me go." i begged him when no one was around us.

"For my selfish reasons, i can't." he sighed sadly. A tear escape from my left eye.

"But, i promise, i will protect you. Not even Stone can hurt you this time." he said. My eyes wide at his words.

"Y-you....h-how?" i said as tears brims at corner of my eyes.

"Everyone knows......in our house." he said and look down.

"But, don't worry. Silas can never touch you again. The last i remember, he is buried under 6 feet." he said and hugged me. Silas is dead.

"You-you k-killed h—" before i can finish, he cuts me off.

"Papa did. Nobody touches our princess." he said and i immediately looked at dad, who was walking towards the black Mercedes with Kai and Seren. I smiled a little and walked towards Nico. Ace clasped our hands together and made me walk with him.

♥♥♥♥♥

Our car stopped in front of our big mansion. It was as huge as i remember last time. Nothing changed. But there were new faces. Everybody greeted my father and brothers, when we pass by them. The moment we enter, i saw Mariana aka my stepmother hugging both of her kids. Her eyes met mine and i immediately looked down. Not wanting to met her eyes. She must be hating me. She helped me. But, i betrayed her. I separate her from her children. I am such a terrible person. The only thing, i could do right now is run. Like, i always so.

I ran towards the stairs. But, before i took one step up the stairs, i bumped into something hard. I was about to fall, a pair of arms caught me.

"Are you okay?" he asked me. I stare into his brown eyes. His touch felt familiar. I pushed him away when i realize, he was holding my waist. I didn’t even answer him and looked back at my Brothers .

"I hope, my room is still in third flood." i asked particularly to no one. Ace nodded. I turn on my heels. The man i just met, called my name. But, all i did was ignore.

"Let her go." said Nico. That's the last thing i heard.

Francesco Bianchi's POV

"Let her go." said Nico. I looked at her back as she vanished into the hallway.

"Did she forgot me?" i asked Ace, my best friend.

"She didn't. She can't forgot you. Maybe, she didn’t recognise you. She is exhausted now. Talk to her tomorrow when she is in better mood." Ace said and i nodded. She didn’t forget me, right?

"Boss, we got a call from our warehouse. One of our shipment got cancelled." Brody, my right hand man said.

"Get the car ready." i ordered. He nodded and left.

"I will meet you guys tomorrow." i said to Ace and Nicolai. They nodded.

♥♥♥♥♥

She grew up. She was such a little girl when i last saw her. 13 or 14 maybe. She was such a cute girl. I grew up with Ace and Nico. We were like brothers. We still are. Estrella always used to tag along with us. She used to annoy us a lot. Yes, i am lucky. I am one of those lucky men, who got to know her. She is beautiful, inside and outside, both. We were good friends until Ace told me, i can no longer meet her. Marcus forbid her to meet anyone. Anyone except for her family and that fucker Silas. I just hate him. Thank god, he is dead. Otherwise, i would have killed him anyway.

Today, i meet her after years. But she didn’t even spare me a glance. Disappointed and hurt. She didn’t forgot me, i am sure. Maybe, she couldn’t recognise me. I guess so.

I will come back tomorrow, Estrel.
Wait for me. This time I wouldn't let you go. I gotta fight for her this time.

Author's note

New character. What do you thing about him? I would love to hear your thoughts.