003 𝗖𝗮𝗸𝗲

SERENDIPITY

SERENDIPITY

chapter three | cake

✧ chapter three | cake

Smooth.

Butter, sugar, vanilla bean, and cream cheese had blended into a beautiful rich and smooth frosting. Caroline dipped her finger into the side of the bowl as she got some frosting in her finger and tasted it. She almost let out a squeal in excitement as it tasted so sweet but balanced. Caroline glanced at her right as she saw Bonnie help her out with evening out the white chocolate cake.

Bonnie had never baked before much less even a cake out. She moved her head to Caroline who was cutting strawberries, "Why are we making a cake?"

Caroline did not glance up as she continued chopping strawberries, "Is an apology treat."

Bonnie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "For what?"

Caroline moved her head up as she let out a smirk out, "An apology gift for what we are about to do soon."

Bonnie shook her head at her friend but she had a soft smile on her face. It has been two day since Liz Forbes's funeral and Caroline has been handling everything well.

There are moments where she cries out of nowhere but it is hard to tell if it is her grief or the pregnancy hormones.

Caroline's phone buzzed on the side. Her and Bonnie were required to go to the Salvatore boarding house for their meeting. She rolled her eyes in frustration, she looked at Bonnie who had an annoyed look on her.

They both put the cake, frosting, and strawberries in the fridge as it would be left there for them (well more Caroline because Bonnie struggles) to assemble the cake. Leaving the house Caroline made sure to put her bracelet on which causes her pregnancy belly to immediately disappeared.

They finally arrived after making sure to take the long way there. Both girls nodded at everyone, as they sat down on the couch.

Caroline observed how everyone took their positions in the house, as Damon started off the topic, "We have a plan to get rid of the Mikaelson."