009 𝗱𝗼𝘂𝗯𝘁

TRIGGERED WARNING — mentions of rape

SERENDIPITY

chapter nine | doubt

✧ chapter nine | doubt

Warmth.

Caroline held Bonnie tightly as her body shook as she sobbed. A violence that challenges the pearls of sweat as cries of horror lighten the foreseeable future, trapped in the fog of torturous realizations. All she wanted was her mommy to come and get her but she never came because she was trapped in her mind.

All the time she faked a smile while she was drawing with guilt, she always thought if she had remembered, she would have stayed away from all boys until she was fully healed. She probably left because she does not know if she feels ashamed because she stayed quiet but all she she wants is everything to stop. She should have not bare to do all this. She was ill.

Caroline glossy eyes appeared into Bonnie's sight as Caroline held her, "I can not do this Bonnie. I can't be this savior for anyone."

Bonnie had tears coming out of her as she never knew that her best friend was in so much pain. She doesn't like to admit to herself but she was playing favorites and is not right for her because a true friend will never shame or dismiss one friend for another.

Bonnie soothes her back, "You are not a savior for anyone. You are just Caroline and I am sorry that all this burden is on you."

Caroline let out a little yelp as pain hit her belly. Moving her eyes to Bonnie who was worried, "I am not brave enough Bon. I'm a sick person who stays quiet, I always take the punches. I forever will be Caroline Forbes, collateral damage who is used."

Sick. The being who held such tragic emotions, which were released through angry lies, suffering of people who prey on the vulnerability of  young girls. All she sees of herself is a cursed ill-faced woman who is unrecognizable to herself. What exactly was she?

One can say she is a vampire or witch, a heretic. But that is not who she is? That is not her full identity or is it? Because if that is all she relies on she needs to be more than just vampire / heretic being her whole identity.