3 - Prison Escape

3 - Prison Escape

Gravity Falls, Nevada
USA - North America
Western High School

Sativa
My mother had always said, that there couldn't ever be a war without a confirmation. And, for a time, I had believed her. Until, perhaps today. War isn't only two sides opposing each other, war is about the people and lives that you impact because of the circumstance.

As I sit here, tapping my feet against the chair opposite me, scribbling endless doodles the History teacher drones on about war, I find it very hard to concentrate while being pelted in the back with scrunched up pieces of paper, with numerous pity notes, psychiatrist recommendations and the lesser insults from my class.

I wanted nothing more than to tear them apart with my bare hands - but, there were humans here, the ignorant species would surely scream in either fear or the pain of having me tear their limbs.

I glance up to the clock and sigh. It would be another thirty minutes before this class ended. I bring my hand up to my hair and run my fingers through it. A little preliminary act that I carried out whenever the frustration surpassed my self-control. It had been a week, four days, and twelve hours since the strange man's rejection played out.

I could pretend that it didn't bother me, but the kilos of alcohol that I fill myself with everyday can be a reminder of the little happiness that still exists in the world. It was no secret that I was addicted, and that if I didn't stop, or if someone was I find out, I could get kicked out of the pack for sure - and I didn't even have to pay the compensations.

The heel of my combats tapped noisily against the boy's chair. I was pretty sure that I was annoying him due to the way he gripped his pencil. But, I didn't care.

The minute hand the led the clock as it slowly ticked by the minutes. I wouldn't lie, I wanted to get out of this place. Not necessarily because of their countless jabs about the murder of my parents. Or, the fact that the smell of the History classroom did enough to make my stomach turn. I longed for the forest - its forever, welcoming scents.

I sit there, not doing anything in particular, just staring at the clock and praying for the godforsaken bell to ring, signaling the end of class, and the beginning of my freedom. If, you could call it that. I had work after school - school which I wouldn't even have been going to if not for my mother making me promise that I would take my education seriously.

The shrill ring of the bell didn't surprise me, I had actually counted down the seconds. Picking up my sketchbook, I get up from my chair and sling my black, duffel bag over my shoulder. I pretend not to notice the dirty stares the population of the class gives me, as I walk out of the door, ignoring the teacher's calls at my name. I didn't give a word if he wanted to talk to me or not - besides, it would be the same question asked, and same unclear and vague answer replied to the overly-excited teacher.

Nothing.

Glancing at my schedule, I realize that the last subject was Physical Education. It was a subject that I particularly disowned. Except when we were playing rugby - the fact that I could run around and knock people down kept my interest level for the sport high; it was immensely fun.

Punching in the code, I swing my locker open and grab my other bag. It was time to call it a day. I wouldn't like to think that the abandonment from my mate caused my behavior to change drastically, but I am a hundred percent sure that something in me snapped.

Slinging the back over my neck, I wink at the CCTV and push open the large doors at the entrance of the school. Western High, it was a melting pot of different species of paranormal being, and although they didn't always get along, they always agree on one specific thing to all carry in.