22.5 - Commander

22.5 - Commander

Sativa
"I told you to run," he stated, his one deathly calm.

"I-I did, but..." I trailed off, as I have nothing to say.

"You could have been hurt," he snarled lowly, burying his head in the crook of my neck, nuzzling his mark.

It was a sensational experience, and I had to bite on my lip to keep from moaning. Thankfully, the rest had retreated back into the car, leaving only Vlad.

"I'm fine," I console, gently patting his back.

"As much as I love seeing you two together, it's time we head back home, son."

I pull away from Romanov as Vladimir's amused chuckle ran through the air.

I blushed as I attempted again to release my self from Romanov's hold, but he growls as hoists me up, so that my legs are wrapped around his waist. I protest gently, but honestly, I am too tired to fully object as I relax into his warmth.

"You're too damn skinny," he frowned as he loosened his hold on me. "Do you even eat food at all?"

I only rolled my eyes, "I'm fine and alive."

No thanks to him.

I laid my head on his chest as he slipped into the passenger seat, Vladimir tearing down the road as he held me tight. I sighed blissfully, does this mean he has accepted me?

"Maybe," Vienna countered. "But there's still Maya."

I sighed, "You're right. It may just be his Wolf doing all this."

"What if," Vienna says. "What if he really does accept us, Sativa?"

"That can never happen," I sigh wistfully. "You heard him for yourself that day at the diner, Vienna."

"He may have changed his mind," she counters.

"And what if he hasn't?"

"You're so damn negative," she snaps, angering me.

I am about to retort another intelligent reply as a light, spark-filled kiss lands on my cheek. Silencing my thoughts from progressing.

"You think too hard," Romanov complained, his rough voice oddly soft.

"Sorry," I growl. Still annoyed with Vienna.

"Sleep, Sativa."

At first, I disobey him by sitting straighter in his lap and chatting noisily with Natalya and Zayn, before they too fall asleep and leave me with Romanov. I stare at the darkness of the night, of the full moon. I cannot help but wonder what has changed Romanov's mind. Surely he was a fool to think I would accept him that easily again after what he had done.

But for now, at least for now, could I be in his arms?

And not feel remorseful, pitiful, angered or jealous?

I promised myself that I wouldn't fall for him again.

I promised.

I promised.

I promised.

But, promises were made to be broken.

-

Location Unidentified

Sativa
I was in a cocoon of warmth.

I pried my eyes open to find that I wasn't at all in a bed.