18.5 - Chilling Out

18.5 - Chilling Out

Romanov
"I'm Stacey," she smiled again, her purple orbs in an obvious strain to capture my attention. I barely nod my head as my eyes return to scanning the bar. Picking up the packet, I deftly release a cigarette, holding it to my lips before malling it alight.

"Would you like anything else?" her high-pitched voice rang out, removing my peace from what usually followed a session of smoke.

"Some silence would be nice," I snarl, giving her a feral glare. I didn't need her to know that I was anything but human - even she could feel the raw power that emanated from me. I was sure that she knew that I was not completely human.

"Hunky, this is a bar." I cock a brow at her statement. "If you wanted silence, you go venture into some library."

"Fuck off." It is a low command with nothing but a little anomalistic command instilled in it; still not enough to surge the human.

"Aww," she patted my arm.

I growl lowly, I could feel my eyes flashing black as her eyes widened. She backed away with her long arms held in surrender. I hadn't meant to let my Wolf lose control, but I didn't regret the important action.

At least she would come to understand sooner or later that she is useless - and I didn't need a kind of entertainer in tonight.

"I'll let you be," she smirks, I knew that her words held not a single ounce of truth.

"I need a drink," I blow a puff of smoke as I let is surround me. "Make it fast."

She nods with a smug look, "Anything in particular?"

"Vodka."

She scurries off, leaving me in solitude. Again, I feel the eyes on me as I expertly finish my first cigarette, discarding it on the glass table as I reach for another.

"Here you are," she slides a full, idle bottle towards me.

I give her questioning stare as I glance at the bottle. I pick up the cigarette, the lighter and the Vodka before dropping a wad of bills on the table. I couldn't stay in a bar full of curious humans, lustful dual-sexes and an overly-worshipping woman.

Stuffing the rest of the cigarettes into my pocket with the lighter, I peel the cap of the bottle, taking a long swig of the alcohol, thankful for the burning I get in my throat to numb my frame. It took a quite a lot to get an Alpha drunk - no less and Alpha King, but I liked the feeling it gave me.

I take another swig, thankful for the release of the problems that it gave me. But, regardless of how many drinks I took, the image of her still lingered in my memory. Her beautiful eyes and her enticing, honey-colored hair that she would use to cover her eyes whenever she said something stupid. Her goddamn stubbornness that could drive me to hell and back.

I closed my eyes, letting the empty bottle drop as I remember what I did to her.

I will kill her because of my ignorance and lustfulness.

But it is better, it is better that she forget who I am. I still don't care for a mate, and she was a potential weakness of mine to my many enemies. If I were to ammoniate the curse as it is, and I were to leave her knowing of who I am - my father would be back. He would return with no acts or intentions of going back.

And, I didn't know if I could handle that.

His first priority would be my languor - my weakness.

Sativa.

This was my father, he was an Alpha King like myself, so his strength should match mine - or even surpass it. He would stop at nothing to get his sinfully, murderous hands on what just matters the most to me.