23.5 - Luna Queen

23.5 - Luna Queen

Sativa
Sighing on the sofa, I glance at the pink clock that hung above Nathan's head. It was two fifty-five. Excellent, we have spent more than five hours searching for a dress.

Dropping my head into my hands, I slowly sip my iced tea, my eyes following Nathan as he abruptly rose from his position on the chair. He walked out of the boutique as I stared after him in confusion, I turned to Sven who hadn't noticed as he kept nodding his head to his music. Glancing at where Ella, Zayn and Natalya had wandered off to, I decide that it would be safe enough to follow my brother as see to his issue.

I am too damn curious for my own good.

Stepping out of the boutique, I immediately delight and relish in the warm Californian air, compared to the harsh Russian weather, it was a welcome back as I wandered down the street, looking for my brother. Coming across a bend, I turn to see Nathan pacing up and down beside a bunch of metal dustbins. Pressing my front against the wall, I stare at Nathan, straining my ears to capture his words. Thanks to my new skills that come along with being marked, I was able to hear him without much a regular strain on my part.

I stretched on my tiptoes, peering at him and earning a few weird stares from the humans. Rolling my eyes, I am surprised at the set of words that comes out of my brother's mouth next.

"Keegan," he stopped pacing. His back now faced me. "I give you the rest of the week to figure out what you intend to do about our mating. I cannot live in my lies for much longer for it will not be much farther down until Natalya and Sativa begin to suspect us."

Suspect 'us' doing what?

Did he mean the Keegan that I knew?

Maybe it's a different one.

What if it isn't?

My breath hitches as I retract myself from the walk. I had heard enough. Briskly walking back into the boutique, I am faced with a slightly worried Ella and her helpers.

Sven still listening to music - was it really a good idea to bring him along?

"Are you alright? You look a little pale." Zayn remarked.

"I'm fine," I lied.

I could tell that none of them believed me, but I was glad that they decided to drop the issue as we scour through countless more dresses. Until finally, Zayn, Ella and Natalya's smiles told me all that I needed to know about the final dress.

"She's beautiful." Ella gushed as she wiped her nonexistent tears.

"Isn't she?" Natalya smiled.

"Hells yeah," Zayn nodded as she walked over to me.

I stared down at myself.

After scouring through what had to be hundreds of dresses, I had stopped bothering to check the mirror before I came out to face the judges. Zayn slowly pushed me until my eyes met with a large mirror.

And I what I saw took my breath away.

It was a black dress this time; and perhaps, that was what I enjoyed the most.

Simple, the material hugged my chest, but flowed in a perfect flair as it reached my hips. No outdrawing or outstanding designs, not too short or long. Not too causal and not too formal.

It was perfect.

Ella urged me some plain, black Louis Vuitton heels and a simple gold cross and a matching belt to finish my look. After a good thirty minutes of insisting that I pay with my nonexistent money, I finally relented and let them pay. Mentally vowing that I would pay them back for their action.