17 - Deep Thoughts

17 - Deep Thoughts

Aztec, Balakovo Kirov
South Russia - Russian Fed; Population: 26,956 The Tomsk-Penza Forest

Unknown
It was cold, there was not a speck of heat in the air. But, that didn't bother her, for what she had come to deliver was much colder than the foreseen weather.

Snow, it piled up in white, fluffy heaves as the young woman trudged helplessly against the mountains. Her dark, battered trench coat was easily noticeable as she fought all to remain hidden.

Holding the child closer to her chest, the woman smiled down at it, the eyes of her daughter engraving her enough to come to a stop. The woman stuck her finger out, the child's gurgling delighting her to no end. It took every ounce of energy that the woman had to hold back her tears.

With a cautious look behind her, the woman continued on, not stopping for another second; not even to admire her beautiful daughter. The woman was determined to get to her destination - at least, before they realize that she had disappeared.

A sigh, with a puff of white, smoky air. The woman breathed out a sigh of relief as the back door came into view, easing the pressure on her slight heart - slightly.

In a moment of apprehension, the woman stood there, her first raised to knock on the door. But, in a second, the wave of guilt came pouring down on her. She could never bear the shame that she was going to abandon her young, innocent daughter for life.

It was her mind that was most at work, trying to convince her body to understand that I wasn't her fault. Her body refused to understand, but she knew that it was for her own good. That she would never be able to survive where she was from - that she would die before she had the apt luck of a chance to be alive.

Where the woman was from, daughters were never expected; they were tolerated. She was lucky to have been alive until now. But, being the Queen of this place, made the thought of the daughter more formidable. A King needed a male, not a female heir.

Oh, how she begged her wicked husband to let their child live - but, he wanted a son. So, she had to give up her daughter without anyone knowing of her. It was not right to lie to the people, but telling them she acquired a miscarriage would throw of a suspicion.

It took her another hour, cradling her child closer and closer to her chest, protecting her the last she could before she would drop the heavy responsibility on another. It was a trusted friend of hers, who already had a young son. They would take care of her well.

Then, ever so gently, she dropped the child in front of the door, counting to five before raising her fist to impact with the heavy door.

She bent, delivering a kiss to the child before darting away, taking shelter behind a large tree. It took only another second before the door was pulled open. An equally young woman stared at her tiny daughter, carefully scanning the edges of the her palish face.

The woman crouch lower behind the trees held back a smile as the young lady carried her child with as much gentleness as she had.

In her heart, the mother knew that there wasn't any need for the equally as young woman to scan her surroundings for the mother, it was well known who correctly that she was.

The young lady had promised the child's mother to tell her daughter of her the day she turned a quite broad, twenty years of age.

She will be old enough to understand why her mother chose to give her away.

The young mother walked slowly towards the cliff as the door to the cottage pulled shut. It was the last time she'd see her daughter.

It was hell, staring at the cliff. She raised a finger and pushed her beautiful, golden hair away from her face. She knew that if she didn't die now, that she was subdue to a slower, more painful deaths in the hands of her husband. She committed an unforgivable crime. She had gone against the wicked King of the land.