8 - Rogue Issues

8 - Rogue Issues

Loupe Fiasco, California
USA - North America
The Pack's Gardens

Sativa
I reach up and push my locks away from my eyes. It was windy, and the temperature was low. I was grateful for my normal black jeans, and a black shirt. My boots laced as I kick them back and forth on the side of the pretty bench.

"You're straight now?" I lean my head as I turn my gaze to my brother - admiringly.

"Not exactly," he chuckles.

"I see," I mutter.

"I have two mates," he answered, running his hand through his long, rapt hair.

It wasn't uncommon to have two Soulmates. But, I never thought that it'll ever happen to a person like Nathan, "A man this time?"

"Yeah," he whispered.

"Really?" He nodded, "When did you meet him - no where?" I gasp excitedly as he only laughs lightly at me.

I playfully punch his upper arm, "I'm serious, here. For real, where did you meet?"

He smiles, "In a club."

My smile widens, "Where?"

"In one of our trips to Utah - a good friend of Alpha Ivanovich's lives there. And, his son happened to be mine," he sighed wistfully.

He looked away, something Nathan always did when he was lying. I sighed internally, hoping that he would tell me the truth at his own time and willpower.

I frown, "Was Natalya there?" I couldn't imagine what it must have felt like.

He shook his head, "No."

I sigh again, "Tell her, what could go wrong there?"

"She would reject me for being gay," he pointed out.

"That's bad?" I didn't know Natalya that well, but she did not seem like the person to carry out his accusation.

He looked at me, "Yes."

"She'll never do that," I probe, "The girl loves you."

"I know."

"What's wrong, then?"

"I'm still trying to figure out what to do," he sighs as I stay quite silent at his tones.

So, he's still bisexual.

"You want him?" I ask awkwardly, yet again pushing my locks away from my eyes. "As a mate?"

"Of course," he breathes, dropping his head into his hands. "Why wouldn't I?"

"I dunno, you have Natalya."

"Yes, but she's just another piece in my heart, I'm not complete yet," he chuckles.

"I never knew you were so poetic, Bi," he glares at the nickname. "Fine, JoJo it is."

After a lot of persuading, Nathan managed to drag me outside, although it was my kind of day, dark, windy, and minus-something degrees, I didn't feel like facing the Pack after my embarrassing ordeal the day before. I could only be thankful that Nathan and Natalya knew nothing about it. Normally, I wouldn't care what a bunch of people thought about me, but for them, I do. And, I can't have that happening.

"You have a mate?" He asks as I manage to slip an emotionless mask upon my face. "A man, Sativa right?"

"Ha," I mutter, glaring at him. "No, I haven't found my mate," I lie, averting my eyes and chewing my lip.