24.5 - Hidden Talent

Romanov
But I doubted this strong-headed beauty would forgive me that easily. She is now my Luna, the first human one at that. She vowed to be by my side and to remain faithful.

But there aren't any laws that command and Alpha and a Luna to be in love to run a Pack successfully.

However, they were required to put up a united front against predators.

I'll be damned if my father takes her again. I have no doubt in my mind that he really did let us off easy, but if I were to make such a mistake again, the inconveniences and consequences will be dire.

I feel my large frame shaking in anger as my Wolf roars. I will rip anyone who causes my mate harm to pieces. I don't do merciful on her terms.

She must have noticed my anger, for she changed our position. Now, she lay where I used to. Her head on the pillow will mine was nestled on her chest. I let her stroke my hair as she hummed softly, my eyes drooping once again. I was immortal, I didn't have to sleep. But I enjoyed doing it.

Engulfing her in my scent, I stay like that in a perfect solitude of bliss. Until she too falls asleep, leaving me not too far behind her.

-

Loupe Fiasco, California
USA - North America
The Main Pack Lodgings

Sativa
He was too damn close.

And, his proximity was making it hard to sleep.

I glance at the alarm clock, it read, "Three fifty-six," in the early morning hours.

Sighing purposefully, I wiggle in his arms. But, it is to no avail. Ignoring the goddamn sparks that soared up and down my cold, pale arms, I push myself away from Romanov's sleeping figure. I felt guilty for disturbing his peaceful aim for a night's sleep. Rolling again in his arms, I still as a loud growl sounds above me, chilling me to stay put.

"Go back to sleep," he commanded, tightening his hold on my frame.

"No," I murmur, struggling again. Sighing in defeat as my efforts seem useless, I manage to come up with an unstable method.

I waited until he was back into his deep sleep before I expertly maneuvered my body out of his arms, quickly and deftly replacing my body with a soft pillow. Standing straight as I stare down at his beautiful features - no, stop thinking like that. I shake my head lightly as I watch him growl lowly, my heart beating faster as he finally seemed to accept the pillow as a replacement for me.

I turn, using my newly enhanced vision to navigate my way out of the dark room. His curtains were closed, therefore rejecting any form of natural light. I wavered my way through the room before my fingers finally landed on what seemed to be a doorknob.

Smiling in victory, I twist the knob as quietly as I can.

Which, apparently, is not as quiet as I initially thought.

"Where the fuck are you going?" Romanov's cold and angry voice filled the room.

"I just thought I would go back to my room," I turn, but refuse to meet his eyes.

"Why?"

"Well," I cleared my throat as his groggy, husky yet commanding voice shocked my nether regions. "I just thought that since the Pack is asleep now, they can't notice my absence, right?"

"Wrong," he snarled. "They notice everything."

I mentally rolled my eyes.

"I just wanted to go back to my room - isn't that OK?"