Chapter 2

If Minato Namikaze, Yondaime Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves was to say he had any regrets, it was not handing his twin 'children' to Orochimaru sooner rather than trying to tolerate their existence up to when they were three before he gave them to the sadist.

His friend had been regularly reporting that the runts had been making leaps and bounds in his 'care', even going as far as saying that Naruko, the holder of the soul of the nine tailed fox, was able to bench press three hundred pounds when she was six, though Naruto was still being a disgrace to his blood by being a useless child. Orochimaru frequently said that he knew there was latent potential welled up deep in Naruto, even more than Naruko was showing and that he would soon bring it out somehow.

Orochimaru had even gone as far as saying that the boy would become high A rank when he was ten.

Minato didn't really care what sort of living conditions his 'children' were in, he just wanted Orochimaru to live up to his promise of making them worthwhile loyalists to Konoha. When he heard that Naruko had been killed and left to bleed out before her brother he still didn't care, all that mattered was raising his youngest child, Minato, who was his only pride and joy as far as he knew.

The child was born on the same day he had handed the twins to the snake man. After the whole Kyuubi attack Kushina was never the same, going in and out of consciousness and in and out of sanity for eight long years while Minato watched, helpless, as his beloved wife succumbed to madness due to having the Kyuubi ripped out of her and barely surviving. It was why Minato hated the twins with his very being. Before the last Uzumaki princess could fall headfirst into her insanity she made love with Minato for the last time, and that was enough to make Minato junior, a carbon copy of his father in appearance but with the fiery spirit, emotion and drive of his mother.

It broke his heart to see his dearly loved wife being forced into a strait jacket and left in a white padded room. He tried to visit her every week but it always broke his heart to see that she didn't recognize him at all, though he could still see a small sliver in her eye when she saw him but disappeared after a few short seconds.

Some days he couldn't get the courage to see her anymore. It was funny; a man that had bested the current Raikage on multiple occasions, created two jutsu that were synonymous with death, was able to move at speeds that far surpassed human logic and was known to be the strongest ninja on the planet till date, was afraid of seeing his wife. The man had stopped visiting her a year after she had been placed in the Psychiatric ward of the hospital.

Much like his wife he didn't visit the twins, not even once. All he wanted was video proof of their progress and a handwritten letter from his friend Orochimaru on what was needed, whether it was funds or resources, Minato would send them. The thing was that the weekly report the snake Sannin stopped abruptly seven years ago and after a month of silence he sent Jiraiya to investigate, even if the toad sage hated the snake summoner with boiling passion.

Jiraiya returned back, pale faced and horror struck, and said that there was no Hidden Sound anymore, just a smoking massive crater in the ground. It looked kami had brought her foot down from heaven and ground her heel on the village, destroying all live on it in one fell swoop. Minato wasn't sure what to think about the news, but decided that it was good, seeing as this confirmed the death of his son, Naruto. It was a waste of years of effort and resources on the boy but it was also this same boy that had driven sanity away from his wife, alongside the help of his twin sister. Death was a blessing for Naruto, was what Minato thought, before he discarded Sound, and even Orochimaru, from his memory. Though he did give the snake Sannin a befitting burial and a place on the wall of fallen ninjas. His former teacher, Jiraiya, insisted that he wanted to find out what had happened and the Yondaime allowed the investigation, as long as it didn't bother how Konoha ran he was fine with it.