Chapter 13

Watching Naruto fight Kakuzu and Itachi at the same time, Naruko came upon a realization that had been growing in her mind since the moment Naruto had brought her back to life.

Her twin brother was on an entirely different league from her, so much so that it felt and looked like he stood on an entirely different plane of existence.

It was not jealousy that was whispering in her ear; it was impossible for the girl to be jealous of her twin, but it was her insecurities as a fighter and as a human being in general that made her mentally crumple up into a small ball and cry into her knees.

Rinnegan aside and his extremely high personal power levels excluded…Naruko genuinely felt like she was inferior to Naruto.

At the moment he was not even using a single rinnegan ability against the two S ranks but rather purely ninjutsu and taijutsu, and he was doing it with so much ease and finesse that she doubted, deep within her very being, that she would ever be capable of doing what he could do.

Her genetically gifted Uzumaki pride didn't allow her to discard her own strength; she was able to fight the masked man on a fairly even footing before said masked man fled to steal Naruto's eye, but while she was struggling against one opponent while her brother was finishing off three, decimated Tobi as the Uchiha moved to attack him and then moved onto Kakuzu and Itachi like he was taking a carefree walk in a tranquil grassy plane.

She knew her brother was only showing off to his opponents at how much superior he was to them, to instil fear and dread in them that there was no possible way they could leave except if they were already dead and their souls left for the afterlife. He didn't mean to show off in front of her, unless it was a playful display of power, like when he blew open their mother's room in the Psychiatric ward in Konoha.

Naruko knew that if she simply asked for his rinnegan, even if she asked for both, her brother would give her his eyes without hesitation, and it was that amount of selfless love for her that Naruto had that made Naruko love her brother even more. He could give her all of the gathered memories he had acquired after seven long years without batting an eyelash. He would hand her all his kingdom and all of his forces to her for his disposal without a word of complaint and without asking for anything in return.

He loved her that much. He would do all of this for her because she would do all of that for him if the roles were reversed.

And she loved him much, much more because of this.

But she couldn't request for his eyes, or even a single eye, because it was his eyes. It was his kingdom. They were his people.

He had done all he had done without her help and no matter how many times he kept telling her that it was their dream and that since they were pretty much the same person they had built their home together, even if she had been dead throughout the time the Sukai kingdom was becoming a great global force. Naruto was a honestly good person, but this only shone to his people; he wanted global domination not only for revenge against those that had hurt him and his sister but also to prove that even the rejected people of the society, the losers, could be winners too.

He wanted to prove to the world that anything was possible as long as there was drive and purpose.

He could look her in the eyes, hold her hands and smile so sincerely that it would make her heart melt and her eyes water with tears and say that they had built their world together but she couldn't accept this because it wasn't true…

He was the one that killed Orochimaru.

He was the one that killed Danzo.

He was the true founder and driving force being the most technologically and fuinjutsu advanced society on the planet.