Chapter 7

Spring hasn't changed much, Kakashi noted as he waltzed through the capital gates quickly. His dull one eye looked around from under his dog ANBU mask, he signed over his shoulder to his team of four jogging behind him.

"Go and gather information. Meet me back here in thirty minutes."

They saluted and disappeared in different directions to ask the citizens of the country the detail of the invasion from their perspective and compare it with that of their captain when they met so that would at least understand what sort of threat they were up against. As the sharingan holder looked around he didn't notice any major change in the capital to signify that it was overrun besides the large flag that waved at the top of the Spring daimyos palace under the country's flag. The flag had a deep red background with the kanji for Sky written in golden strokes. There were also scuff marks on the ground from obvious struggle and as he came closer to the palace he saw that there were blacksmiths mending the hinges of the great door, even if it didn't seem like it had been ripped off its hinges but rather they were checking and refortifying it.

The masked man entered the palace, ignoring the workers that ran about to reorganize their lives, and proceeded to the woman sitting on the throne. Koyuki had a sad frown etched onto her beautiful face and the actress closed her eyes at the memory of how easily her personal guards were dispatched. She opened them when she heard a polite cough.

"Greetings, Lady Koyuki. I am Dog of the Konoha ANBU, the Yondaime sent me here to see if your country still needs help fighting those 'Sukai Forces'"

"Just you?" she said with a raised eyebrow.

"Several squads of my comrades are stationed outside the country."

The woman sighed and slumped a little more into her throne. "Regardless of that, it is too late…they have already gone."

"Lady Koyuki, if I may," her fingers twitched on her armrest, telling him he was permitted to speak. "Can I know more about this Sukai Forces so that we can better know how to defeat them."

The actress was silent for a few long moments, staring at the dog masked man with gradually widening eyes. "They cannot be defeated; the sole reason my messenger even reached Konoha is because their king was merciful enough to allow it…" her eyes dulled at the memory of the almighty king of the army of monsters. "Their king…he was able to crush the heads of three of my guards with nothing but the air and without a serious thought." she pointed at her neck, where a thin red line circled around it like a necklace. "He did this to me…without even coming near me."

"Lady Koyuki, this all does not mean he cannot be killed; he is still human."

"No he is not. None of the Sukai soldiers are human and I believe the civilians are not human as well."

"I'm sorry ma'am but we still need information. Can you tell us what you know about the Sukai king?" the man and his forces didn't loot the kingdom or usurp the daimyo and take control, then it was less and invasion and more of attacking a country because they felt like it. Making it more or less a hobby.

The woman wilted into her seat and rubbed her still sore neck. "He said his name is Naruto-"

The man's eye became alarmed and he burst out. "Naruto?!"

Koyuki looked at the Hatake with squinted eyes, the rubbing motion on her neck slowed to a stop. "Are you familiar with that name?"

"Describe him, please."

"…He had red hair and pale skin. It was like he did not know how to express himself because I could see he wanted to smile or grin more but he didn't know how to; I know this because I'm an actress." She then snapped her fingers. "The security cameras inside the palace were still working after he left, I think he didn't know about them." she snapped her fingers and a white haired boy in his late teens wearing thick glasses and casual clothing ran up to his daimyo and presented a small handheld device with a flat screen that was just as big as both of his hands cupped together. The woman thanked the boy and tapped the screen twice, it lit up and she swiped across it once with her pointer finger and tapped again. She closed her eyes and gave the masked Konoha ninja the device.