Chapter 15

"BRING THOSE THINGS DOWN!" the Yondaime Hokage roared and threw a tri-pronged kunai at the blimp in front of him, about several metres away, but when he was about to flash to it and throw the same blade again the kunai was brought down by a softly blinking red and gold senbon shot down from on top of one of the smaller flying vehicles.

A gold ranked soldier high fived those beside him at the feet, as he shook his left arm, where a metallic senbon launcher with five different nozzles sat. Another senbon clicked into place and he levelled it down to any other ninja that attempted to attack the floating cinema.

But no one attacked.

All were either raptly watching from their homes at their televisions or were looking up into the sky at the film being played on the blimps. Curiosity of why their Hokage was with the snake overtook them, whether or not the video was doctored or not the person bore such a striking resemblance to the Namikaze Hokage that no other actor could possibly replicate it, even a blood clone. And those that had known Orochimaru when he was still a Konoha ninja were incredibly certain that the person on the screen was indeed the sadistic snake summoner.

This footage was real, though still very unbelievable. If the Hokage of the Leaf was to be in the presence of the missing ninja it was either to retrieve him or kill him, and the amount of friendship both displayed threw them all in a loop.

Minato Namikaze was in close ties with Orochimaru of the Sannin…why…?

What was this film about?

…what else was their Hokage hiding…?

The people still watched, part of their minds stubbornly remaining vigilant, the never before seen footage of the Hokage, the symbol of light, and the rogue Sannin, the symbol of darkness.

"Tell the camera 'hello' kids!" Orochimaru said in a happy hoot, but the kids only simply, blankly, shared a look and narrowed their eyes at both adults. Naruto winced when Minato grabbed him by the back of his neck and squeezed.

"Do as your told, you pitiful rodent," there was a collective gasp at the Hokage's curse. Naruto stubbornly clamped his mouth shut and Orochimaru watched with a happy smile as the blonde father sent a back hand to the three year old boys face, throwing him into his twin sister and making both tumble onto their backs.

The people of Konoha felt their hearts break when they saw the boys pale cheek turn an ugly shade of red and his eyes swell up with tears. The child burst out into tears and the snake Sannin chuckled. Minato turned to the man and said.

"I want you to make them suffer." The present Minato was now sweating bullets; after his Hirashin kunai had been deflected he had dropped down in front of his former student, Kakashi Hatake, and an ANBU captain, Yugao Uzuki. He ducked his head and hurried back to his office. "Tear them apart, limb from limb, and even if you have to kill one of them I don't care, as long as there is someone left to be worth anything to Konoha."

The Sannin couldn't help but ask as he crossed his arms, watching as his younger friend grabbed the girl twin by her hair and pulled her up. The little girl squirmed and screamed, clawing for her brother's hand, but Naruto was still out of it from the slap, blindly trying to hold onto a familiar hand. "Why do you want them for Konoha so badly?"

The man easily carried the girl up and looked into her eyes, her tear filled, frantic, terrified eyes, and said with a wicked smile. "When I've finished using them in Konoha…I can sell them off, whether as a whole…or piece. By. Piece."

The Sannin pursed his lips in thought and slowly nodded. "The organ trade is fairly lucrative."

The Hokage was now hurriedly trying to push through the slowly growing crowd of people that had come out of their houses. He stopped when a little girl, about his twin's age in the video, refused to leave the road, looking up at the blonde leader with wide eyes. Her deep purple eyes shifted from the real Minato to the one in the video, yelling at his own child with spit flying from his mouth and sanity almost gone, and then back to the present Minato. The man couldn't meet the girl's eyes as she slowly furrowed her eyes, limply allowing her mother to drag her out of the way. The Yondaime disappeared in a flash of yellow and then reappeared in his office.