Chapter 14

11:09AM

Main gate of Kumogakure

Kumogakure no Sato

Lightning country

"We have reason to believe that the Sukai Kingdom is located close to your village, just off your shores." Jiraiya said with his arms crossed and looking down at the white haired, dark skinned teenager wearing the ceremonial white cloak and hat of the Raikage.

Darui shrugged lazily. "You're free to go and check for yourselves, I don't really care, but I will not be lending any of my shinobi to you."

This reply mildly shocked the Sannin and he uncrossed his arms. "Why not? I'm sure that a joint attack on the kingdom-"

"Will only leave a trail of bodies that would eventually erase Kumo from the face of the earth." Darui shot back with droopy eyes; he was the one that had been appointed to be the next Kage after A had been killed by Naruto. Mabui, who chose to remain as the secretary of the Raikage, had said that the former leader had written documents of his intention months prior to the invasion. For the past five days he had not been able to sleep, due to his efforts in fixing the damage Naruto's army had caused as well as the trauma of the events he had been forced to witness. On that day he had been with Karui, Omoi and Samui in the training ground and then three women wearing gold armour under their red shirts and black pants marched into the area. They had been taken down like they were mere mosquitoes. Their limp and bound bodies were hefted back into the village and they bore witness to the carnage; their captors said that their initial intention was to kill them where they stood but their king had declared that they were to be left alive. Naruto wanted Darui to lead the village.

The white haired sage shook his head and looked behind him at the force of Leaf ninjas, roughly eighty in counting. "That will not happen as long as you have Konoha behind you-"

"You don't seem to understand, Lord Jiraiya," Darui cut in, suddenly all the sleep and laziness had left his eyes and his body and he was as tense and guarded as a cornered lion. "A force of over a thousand men and women marched into a heavily fortified hidden village undetected and overcame every single ninjas, old and young, like they were handling specks of sand. Konoha knows how hard it is to even get close to Kumo undetected, not to even think of getting close enough to the seals and entering." The Sannin kept quiet, mentally agreeing. The second and third shinobi wars proved this fact very well; Kumo was the most protected village on the continent. The shorter ninja closed his eyes and collected himself again. "The Fealty Agreement also specifically stipulated that we should only give information to those that ask but the very second we help out…" he spread the fingers of both his hands slowly before his face and muttered. "Boom."

The Sannin sighed and nodded in defeat. "I understand." Darui graciously nodded and turned around, waving for his guards to follow him as well.

"Oh, and do not enter my village. You may go around it but do not enter." The Raikage warned from over his shoulder as he entered the gates of his village.

"…Great…" the sage sighed again, this time heavier. He signed over his shoulder for the ninjas to follow him as he skimmed the edges of the massive hidden village.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

A few minutes later

The Sukai General Hospital

The Sukai Kingdom

Naruto smiled kindly to a wide eyed child in a white hospital gown and ruffled her short blonde hair. "I am truly sorry you are not able to attend the festival, Ameguri. I really hope you get better."

The girls eyes wobbled and a sheen of tears covered the large orbs as she nodded slowly, trying not to throw off his hand as she did so. "Ank you, thir." She spoke with a small lisp and Naruto chuckled.