Chapter 18

Sakura and Sai didn't hide their armour underneath a Chameleon camouflage illusion anymore, wearing their silver rank body armour under their standard Sukai kingdom red shirt and black pants. The pink haired medic-spy wore blood red kick boxing gloves, which flew behind her as she lowered her head, running beside Sai in a 'ninja run'. The pale, emotionless spy had an average sized paper pad in his left hand and a brush wet with ink in his right, while a crimson red tanto was slung on his back. The two high ranking soldiers stayed professionally quiet, following after an equally speeding blonde haired teen that was not in any kind of Sukai armour but rather a short sleeved white shirt, black pants and black sandals, with bandages wrapped around his toes to under his knees, and his fingers to his elbows. His weapon of choice were two short scythes' strapped onto his back and connected together by a chain that wound around his wrists, clanking quietly as he blazed forward with his teammates.

Around them and carefully hidden by the thick foliage of the Fire country forests, were twenty five other silver ranks and a platinum rank that sped ahead of the silver ranks in the middle. The platinum rank was a young teenager girl that had mint green hair, healthily tanned skin and in the standard combat uniform every soldier wore. She had a pink backpack with artful drawings of unicorns and rainbows on her back, something that threw junior off every time he looked at it, but the girl, feeling his eyes, ignored him in favour of leading the quickly moving group of soldiers.

The group was deathly silent, the only sound being dry leaves crunching under their feet and the wind that whooshed through the trees. As they neared the capital, Magi Haruhi Gamatomo, head of the Fuinjutsu division, signed to the soldiers under her command and, five soldiers at a time, they lifted off into the air and shimmered out of sight.

Sakura and Sai grabbed the gaping son of the Yondaime under his forearms and wind blew out from under their silver boots, taking them into the sky. The silver ranks armour rippled and they merged with the midday sky, leaving just junior to try and understand what he was to do, seeing as he didn't have the Chameleon camouflage illusion armour. An idea finally came to him as they neared the first sentry post west of the capitals walls; the two silver ranks holding up the blonde boy came closer and Junior clapped his palms together and flipped through three hand seals, whispering.

"Transformation technique."

Thin smoke blew from his body and the two silver ranks blew it away before it could be noticed, or sensed by the Sensory-detection barrier combination seal a hundred yards away from the physical wall surrounding the Fire capital. Out of the chakra smoke flew a fluttering hummingbird with golden wings and beak with a dark red torso, which quivered with excitement as it zipped back and forth. The beautiful bird attracted only a few eyes as it raced over the capital, but not too many people actually stopped to admire it, seeing as the entire capital, and the country at large, was in a state of panic.

Even though it had been a day ago, the video revealing the true nature of the Yondaime Hokage was still fresh in the minds of the citizens of Fire country. no one knew what to do with the information except for isolate the Hidden Leaf village, thinking if they made contact with them then they would face equal wrath with it at the hands of the King of the Sukai kingdom.

Several hours ago, there had been frantic signals sent from the countries around the Fire country, before they were all silenced almost at once, not even able to finish what they had been trying to warn about. One didn't need to be a genius to know that the Sukai kingdom had started its global invasion, and the effects were showing; pictures and videos of people in different coloured armour marching around the border of the country, keeping a careful eye. This would only happen if they had somehow defeated their neighbours

Their dazed minds cast away the hummingbird in favour of fortifying their capitals walls and evacuating from their homes into secured, underground bunkers.