Chapter 5

"Hey bro?" a voice whispered beside him.

"Yeah?" a five year old Naruto turned to his red haired sister and shuffled closer to her, if that was even possible seeing as they shared the same tiny cage among the bigger, but still considerably small, cages in the underground slave containment room in Hidden Sound.

Naruko rested her head on her brother's shoulder and intertwined her right hand with his left as their other hands wound around their sides. "What are you gonna do first when we get out…?" she asked in a low, tired voice. They had just returned from their usual morning round of chakra virus infection and cure and they were exhausted from all their screaming.

The purple eyes male child smiled wanly at his precious sister, a sharp pain shot through his heart at the sleepy smile she gave him. "When we get out?" he coughed upwards so he wouldn't do it in her face.

"Yeah, when we get out. I'm going to have an ice cream."

The older male child stifled his giggle at the sheer innocence his younger twin sister still managed to have, even after all the horrors she had been put through. A ray of sunshine on the dark days their lives had suddenly become. She tightened the fingers clasping his own and hid her face in his neck when a Sound shinobi passed them, but disregarded the twins and dragged out a sick mother from her child's arms. Naruto sighed and closed his eyes at the sight.

"Well?" his sister prodded and Naruto placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head when he felt her body weaken from lack of sleep.

"I'm gonna…" he said as he felt sleep wash over him as well. The twins yawned in sync and also smacked their dry lips for water they knew would never come unless their heads were dunked into a bucket of filthy water. "I'm gonna…" his slowly churning mind tried to think of what he will do when he got out-if he got out. "I'm gonna…eat ice cream with you." He said to her and she smiled. The connection they had could almost be aid to be supernatural; this was evident when they both finished what they were both thinking.

"Sitting on father's dead body." They said as one and sleep overtook them.

Naruto's black with red ringed rinnegan eyes snapped open when he heard a polite cough from his driver.

"We're here, my lord."

The king stretched like a cat on his comfortable seat, long and spacious enough for him to lie down comfortably and take a quick nap before he got to Water country. A ten minute nap would have to do for now. Naruto sat up and swung his feet onto the floor of the car, straightening his red and gold royal shirt with hazy eyes.

"Thank you." He said to the driver and ran his right hand through his shaggy hair, just as the door of the car was opened by Indra Watashi, his head of Frontline soldiers Division.

"I hope you had a pleasant journey here, sir." The holder of the kubikiri said with his dark eyes lowered and his right hand over his heart, his other hand was holding his king's door open. Naruto took a step out and the thousands of soldiers stationed around Water country that had gathered in formation at his arrival, snapped into attention and then fell onto one knee before their lord. They had been stationed around the country but at his arrival about sixty percent were ordered to be present to welcome him while the others, begrudgingly stayed where they were, miffed that they could not go and welcome their lord.

"It was fine, thank you, Indra." The king of Sukai kingdom replied to the platinum rank soldier. His eyes moved around and stopped at the two more platinum ranks with Indra the head of the frontline soldiers division, Satoshi Todoroki, head of Rescue and Support and Magi Haruhi Gamatomo, head of Fuinjutsu. The other man and the youngest platinum rank had their heads tilted down and their right hands over their hearts. "I see you got the message to come, Magi."