Chapter 21 "Getting Answers...One Way Or Another

CHAPTER 21

"Getting Answers...One Way Or Another"

August 1st, 2040: C.I.A Blacksite 3E, Unknown Location

"Say, what do you think happened on this planet to cause evolution to do...well this?" Agent Darol glanced at Director Stevens, then back through the one-way glass into the interrogation room. Sitting alone at a metal table was a woman who appeared to be a feline demi-human.

"I wouldn't be so hasty to label this as an evolutionary trait. We're getting more and more information about the religions of this world, and with it, the growing possibility that some higher power or creature created them. I've sent pallet loads of blood samples to our labs, so we should get an answer to some of our questions. That said, I am growing more alarmed by the fact that there are intelligent humanoid races which, in most aspects, are superior to the average human." Director Stevens commented as he crossed his arms.

"What does the president have to say about this?"

"Keep them as far away from the mainland as possible. That was his reaction when I was on the conference call. Can't say I blame him, I would also want to keep them at an ocean's distance." Director Steven smirked, turning back to the interrogation room as the door was opened by a suited-up red-haired woman holding a laptop under her right arm.

"Hi, I'm Richelle." With a smile, she set the laptop down on the opposite side of the table. "Is there anything I can get you to drink? Eat?" As with most of the other captured people, the demi-human didn't respond at all, choosing to stare at her hands instead. Opening her laptop, Agent Richelle scrolled through some documents. "My my, you're quite an interesting person. You were picked up after an American air assault division launched in that southern region of The Plusieurs Kingdom. Why were you there? From my understanding, your race is frowned upon and wouldn't be allowed anywhere near an important structure like this." The feline woman briefly shifted her gaze to meet Richelle's before looking back down, not saying a single word. "May I at least have the honor of knowing your name, Miss?" A long silence followed Richelles' question.

"This is a waste of time, director. I highly suggest we do solitary confinement. We can get them to cooperate in as little as thirty days." Agent Darol turned his head to Stevens who returned a less than pleased look.

"Yeah, and it broke them. I need reliable information, not brain dribble from an insane person. Give Agent Richelle some time." Turning back to the room, Richelle was just about to close her laptop when the feline woman shifted a bit in her seat, catching all three CIA operatives' attention.

"Trifin." The feline demi-human muttered.

"Well Trifin, it is nice to meet you." Offering a handshake, Trifin tentatively accepted it having learned by watching the guards and other agents do it sometimes when they passed her cell.

"The dirt under your nails and the slightly damaged skin tells me you must work hard with your hands, am I correct?" Agent Richelle gently rotated Trifin's hand to examine it.

"Y-yes. I was a maid for the lord who lived in that castle. Until the Americans destroyed it. Tell me, am I going to..die here?" Hearing this, Agent Richelle tilted her head slightly and raised an eyebrow.

"Well I don't know who told you that, but we aren't savages here. If you were going to, why would we give you the accommodations you have now? A comfy bed, proper food--need I go on?" Taking a look around the bare gray concrete room, Richelle fixed her vision on a security camera in the corner with a blinking red light. Turning to the one-way mirror she nodded.