CHAPTER 25 "The Oldest House"

STILL ALIVE! Apologies about the long hiatus, however I felt it necessary that I take a few steps back and get a better overall picture of my own novel before diving back in(kinda lost track as I was attempting to write 4 arcs at once, lmao). Now with a more clear mind, things should go back to the once usual "new chapter every 2 weeks or so".  

CHAPTER 25

"The Oldest House"

August 16th, 2040: Chlothar City Capital, The Plusieurs Kingdom

Shifting in her seat as the royal coach and adorned with a bright red silk dress with black stitching. Soon-to-be crowned Christina stared out the carriage window at the crowds of people, all from different walks of life, from the capital to neighboring towns, all to see this...unique coronation. Sliding the curtain back over the window, Christina tried her best to sink into her seat.

"I still can not believe that our holiness would allow this to happen." Looking back down at her dress, her mood swung like a pendulum from terrified to shock and back again. "Our god was supposed to protect us against such an event...and yet this was allowed to happen." She whispered.

"No one could have foreseen this outcome, Christina. With the Americans allowing this coronation to proceed as tradition demands. I am more concerned about what their god has planned for us." In an ill-fitting ink-black dress. Luna leaned towards Christina, placing a hand on her knee. "With that said, I am growing more aware of the rumor that they do not have a god at all." There was a short silence before Christia broke out and laughed at the mere thought of such a far-fetched notion.

"And on what solid ground does this absurd idea stand upon?"

"Well, mainly by talks from American footmen I have had the...least of pleasure hearing their rambling on a wide range of topics. From comparing us to "A place worse off than the third-world", to them comparing religions from their homeworld, a place called Earth."

"Fascinating, anything else I should know?" leaning closer to Luna, her young mind ran wild with ideas again.

"Only that most of them do not wish to be here and would rather be back home in various towns and cities. Seems to me that most did not want to be part of this war. Or rather see it as an inconvenience to their normal lives."

"Indeed, I heard from Thyra that some of these Americans were talking about how "We shouldn't be fighting an enemy we barely understand". It seems to me that they truly did not want to partake in this after all." Thinking back to the message that President Dresden sent to the previous queen. Her mind shuttered again at the wording on it. With words saying "Minor conflict" and overall, considered this to be no more than an inconvenience, rather than a war.

With the small talk slowing down. Christina and Luna sat in silence for the remainder of the journey to the cathedral where the coronation would be held. Upon reaching the massive plaza that was built in front of it. Christina immediately noticed the two black horseless carriages the Americans used to arrive at. With the doors to the cathedral swinging open, any conversations that were happening inside were quickly silenced. With Luna and royal guards in tow, Christina slowly marched down the aisle. With the noble houses from across the kingdom having finally arrived, they all stood up--and with their right hand over their chest, gave a deep bow as she passed. Upon reaching the front pew, she was surprised to see five Americans who also gave a bow. But just as surprisingly, along the wall, a massive flatscreen television was set up and through it, President Dresden, and Vice President Harold inside The Oval Office; and though while they did stand, neither, gave a bow. Steeling her nerves, Christina faced forwards and toward the large dark wood altar. Adorn with a red sheet, golden candles, some silver chalices and a book. Christina stopped about a meter away from it, with Luna and the royal guard not moving past the first pew.