Chapter 7

"You have a gift Gretchen, something not many people have" Daniel said before laying down on the mattress. I laid down next to him and rested my head on his chest, listening to the beating of his chest. It's such a nice sound to hear, it reminds me that my world wouldn't be as bright if Daniel weren't in it. After a while we drifted into a peaceful sleep.

________

The next day I woke up and I saw that Daniel was asleep. I grabbed some clothes that Frau Schneider have given me to wear for work. I went into the washroom and had a warmish bath to get rid of the dirt off my skin and washed my hair, since it had been a while.

I combed my hair and dried my body off. I put the clothes on, from the floor. It consisted of a dark red blouse and black jacket that went to my elbows, it had some red lining. I had a deep red skirt that matched the blouse. There was some black detail on the hem of the skirt. There was also a deep red belt. I than put on some brown boots that went little past my ankles. I couldn't really do anything with my hair since it brushed my shoulders.

I got the clothes I had worn to bed. I went back into room, where I had sleep with Daniel. I made breakfast and served it to everyone. Once the Herr and Frau Schneider left and Daniel started teaching the kids I did my washing.

Once I finished washing my clothes Daniel looked up and got my attention. The Schneider kids were doing some school work "Do you mind doing some of my washing? My arm sometimes starts to feel like it's on fire, and still doesn't work very well due to pain" Daniel tried to explained. I understood, he had been in a street fight and his arm was busted due to the fight, and I've seen what happens when he gets these 'pain attacks' or something of the sort.

"Sure, is there anything you want me to wash specifically?" I asked since he didn't want me to wash everything.
"Everything aside from undergarments and undershirts" Daniel said, his face heating up in clear embarrassment, I nodded.

I went into the room we were staying in and got Daniels shirts, pants and coat. I washed Daniels clothes and put his clothes with mine on the washing line which Frau Schneider said I could use so there would be room for both our washing and there's room on the other line for the Schneider family.

After I put his clothes on the line I walked back inside. I saw Daniel getting better at teaching the children. I grabbed a book and started reading while Daniel was teaching. Not long before lunch was going to start I went up to Daniel and I's room to changed into some more comfy clothes for walking about, for I didn't want to be completely professional all the time.

I wore a pale navy blue jumper and and button up blouse. I also wore a a deep navy blue skirt that went little past my knees with two blue stripes near the hem. I also wore my brown boots since I didn't have any other. I am thankful to the Schneider's since they managed to get Daniel and I a few pieces of clothing for us.

I went back down and I noticed that Herr and Frau Schneider came home. They nodded as Daniel and I went to the front door. Once we got out side and walked down the street I finally spoke up. "Do you know where we could get fake ID papers from when you went with Herr Schneider the other day?" I asked, almost hesitantly.

"No, but if we go near the main parts of Bern and go near the allies we should be able to find some people who would do that, however, I don't think its a good idea for you to be near those areas" Daniel said, choosing his word carefully at the end.

I took a moment to think about the words he said "I understand why you don't me to be near those areas, but what choice do we have? I think it'd be most useful if I was there, since they are doing my new ID too" I said, Daniel released a tired sigh than looked up in the sky