Chapter 14

"Similar to my reasons, so, are you going to take me up on my offer? Or leave me to get a raincheck?" He asked, offering his hand. I chuckled and took his hand.
"I would let you take a raincheck, but since it's my birthday, it's a good enough reason. So, I'll take you up on the offer" I said, kissing him quickly.

_______________

A few days later our neighbors needed a babysitting. I decided I could do it, after all, I had looked after the Schnieder children. I had gone to the neighbors and told them that I was able to look after them.

After several hours I had finished looking after the neighbors kids they had given me quite a bit of money. I hoped I could get a gun with the money I had gotten. I know most people find it weird, but I had grown up in an environment where everyone had a gun. I'll have to wait and see if I could afford one later.

A few months later I had just left gymnasium and I saw that Daniel was walking towards the clinic where Alfred worked "Daniel?" I asked, confirming that it is him.
He nodded "Do you want to go out for a date?" He asked, his face going very red.
I couldn't even speak; he has never been so bold when he had asked me to a date in the past. I took a moment to reply "Yes, um, where are we going?" I asked, very flustered.
"I was thinking of the movies, if that's ok with you?" He asked, I nodded.

Daniel and I made our way to the cinema and got our seats. Once we sat down and the movie started playing, we sat hand in hand. I realized we were watching Romeo and Juliet, I looked towards him, slightly shocked "I figured you wouldn't mind watching it" He whispered into my ear.

(I know that the first Romeo & Juliet came out in 1936, not 1932, but I looked at other movies that came out, most of which wouldn't be appropriate, or something that Gretchen and Daniel wouldn't watch)

I nodded and we waited for the movie to start. Daniel and I had kept our hands intertwined. There were times when I had tightened my grip on his hand. Towards the end when we reached a pint were Romeo and Juliet were going to take their lives. I knew this from when I had read the play in class.

When I knew the moment of Romeo and Juliets death was fast approaching. Daniel must have also read the play or sensed my nerves as he had tightened his grip and had rubbing small circles on my hand with his thumb. Once the movie had finished, we left the cinema, along with other couples and, mainly, other girls. 

"That was an interesting recreation of Romeo and Juliet. I still hate Paris as much as I ever had" I said. "I studied it when I was younger. But that was a couple years ago" I explained.
Daniel let out a light chuckled "I figured, even I remember studying it. There are lots of things I greatly disagree with, but given when it was set, it makes some more sense. But who gets married that fast?" I joked.
"In other words, you agree with the 'these violent desires have violent ends, like fire and powder, and as they kiss, consume', or in other words, a rushed relationship is never good?" I questioned.

"I guess, but I didn't think you'd remember that much of the play" he said.
I laughed at that statement "There's only very few lines I remember. However, I can't right help but realise our relationship was also slightly rushed, at least at the start. It's at a slower pace now, which I'm somewhat relieved about it, since relationships can't be rushed" I said, looking up.

Daniel had placed his hand on the small of my back and pulled my slightly closer to himself. "I see your point, and I also agree, rushing into a relationship isn't the best thing. But like you, I've realised it too, but we've greatly slowed things down" he said.

I could tell that he wanted to wrap his arm either around my waist or shoulders, but yet he kept his hand in place.
After a while we got to the Whitestones house I was about to go inside when Daniel gripped my wrist, spinning me around. He pulled my wrist back slightly, bring his head down, bring our lips together, "Have a good night, Gretchen" he muttered into my ear.
I felt blood rushing to my cheeks, "You too" I said before going inside.

Time Skip (18/02/1932)

I looked at the date on the calendar on my wall, I despised the date; mainly because it is-was, my brothers' birthday. Although today I won't have to worry about him anymore, he died last year, I saw him get shot, I saw him on the ground, blood pooling around him. But today wasn't about that. Today, Daniel had to go to a doctor's appointment to get his arm looked at today. Ever since his arm got injured it was had 'pain attacks' as Daniel calls them, Alfred had insisted that he pays for a doctor's appointment, although Daniel said he'll pay once he saved up enough, there was also another reason which I don't know about.

I got up and got dressed into a red blouse and skirt that matched the blouse. I went downstairs and was shocked to see Daniel already here.
"Good morning, Gretchen" he said.

The cook had placed some food down and once we finished eating, we left for the doctors.
Once we were there, the doctor called us into the room.

"Sir, may you take your shirt off so I can expect the injury" the doctor said. Daniels ears went slightly red, and I felt my ears heat up. The doctor got a needle "I'm just going to use some antistatic to reduce the pain" The doctor explained.

When the doctor had inserted the needle, I noticed that Daniel had looked away, his face showing some pain. I knew that needles could be painful, but I knew a few tricks to reduce pain.

Once the antistatic kicked in, the doctor opened up Daniels arm and looked at it. After a few minutes he stitched Daniels arm up "It seems that there is nerve damage. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do at the moment. It would seem that it's almost completely healed. You would continue to have these pains for the rest of your life. You could probably take headache powder or other everyday painkillers when you have these pains. That's all I can really say for the moment, I wish that there were other ways to fix it, although I noticed that your fingers seemed to have been injured a while back, maybe broken, but they seemed to have healed rather well" the doctor said, looking at Daniel.

"When my arm got injured, I also hurt my figures. My girl said that it might've been broken, and did her best to fix it, temporally" Daniel looked at me.
The doctor must of known that it was me "I'm assuming that this was you, are you a medical professional?" he asked.
"Not at all, I suggested we got to the doctors. Ever since I was young, I wanted to be a doctor. By all means I have no right to make a diagnosis, but if you keep the figures straight and taped together, so keeping the fingers still, essentially. It may not be the best thing to do, but given the circumstances, it was the best thing I could do..." I muttered quietly, looking at the ground, some-what embarrassed since he was a medical professional.

The doctor had a small smirk "It would seem you know your things. You did the correct thing, for a temporary fix. I don't know your story, so I can't make any claims" he said, some praise in his voice.

I felt my face heat up, I let out a small nodded "Well, I'll let you two be on your way" The doctor said. I looked up slightly, I saw that Daniel was buttoning his shirt and putting on his overcoat.

We left shortly after we paid, and we walked to Daniels apartment.

A/N
That's all.
I HATE WRITERS BLOCK

I hope you have a good rest of your day

co-a/n: I love how you had Daniel keep his hand on the small of her back. Not only is his hand on the small of her back their thing, but if he draped his arm around Gretchen's shoulders it'd remind her of FUCKING REINHARD!!!!!!!

Word count: 1431