Chapter 8

After the waitress left I turned to Daniel. He gave me a knowing look "What?" I asked
"You don't seem as mad anymore" Daniel explained. He managed to finish the salad
"Well, she didn't do anything, besides, it's silly to think that" I said. The waitress came and I payed her before we left and went back to the Schneider's.

____________________

The next morning I woke up and noticed that Daniel was still in a light sleep. I thought about waking him up before I saw his face turn into a pained expression. He opened his eyes for a second and sat up, clenching his left arm; agony written all over his face.

I felt hopeless. I don't know what to do in a situation like this. However this time, due to the fact Daniel was wearing an undershirt I could see some movement on the top on his left arm. Which is where the injury was located. I have a feeling that it is nerve damage now, but I couldn't be sure.

A few minutes later Daniel had sweat running down his head and his undershirt had stuck to his chest. "Daniel?" I asked worried, hoping the pain had stopped. "Are you ok? And are you sure you don't want to visit the doctors?" I asked, fear laced into my voice

"I'm fine, besides, we are probably going to be charged over price for the identification papers" Daniel explained, trying to catch his breath.

I thought about my next words and actions carefully "Daniel?" I asked with a shaky breath "I'll get a wash cloth, can you please take your shirt off while I get it?" I asked. Daniel slowly nodded before I left.

Once I got a wet cloth I entered the room and saw that Daniel was struggling to take his shirt off. I walked over to him and sat next to him. "Would you like some help?" I carefully asked, I felt my face flushing.

I noticed that Daniels face was also heating up, but he slowly nodded his head. I moved almost directly behind him. I managed to get his shirt off. I placed the cloth onto his arm.

While I was applying pressure to the wound, I allowed my eyes to travel to his upper body. I noticed that Daniel had slightly toned muscles across his back and arms.

Daniel POV

I watched Gretchen go into the washroom to get a wet cloth. I tried to take my shirt off, pain started burning into my shoulder again. My face scrunched in pain. Trying not to scream. I didn't want to worry Gretchen. She's been through enough.

I heard Gretchen's foot steps coming towards me as I continued struggling to get my undershirt off. She sat next to me. "Would you like some help?" I heard her ask me. I could hear the slight nervousness in her voice. I felt my cheeks heat lightly. I nodded my head, not trusting myself to speak. I felt her move almost directly behind me, and she removed my undershirt. I felt her fingertips brush my bare back, sending goose bumps along my spine.

She leant forward to see my wound better and pressed the wash cloth to my wound. I scrunched my nose, getting used to the cold cloth against my pretty much open wound. I slightly turned my head to see Gretchen slightly. And my suspicions were correct. I saw her eyes roaming over my back and arms.

Smirking I said, "you just gonna sit there and stare? Or you gonna come over here so I can see you better?" Patting the spot in front of me. I saw her cheeks become redder as she stood up and quickly came to sit in front of me. Keeping pressure on my wound.

Gretchen sat in my lap, inspecting my wound still cleaning it, but I caught her eyes flicker to mine ever so slyly. I continued smirking as I used my good arm to bring her closer to me.