Chapter 11

I turned on my heal, tucking the papers in my breast pocket before jogging back to Gretchen. I got back and went up stairs, I opened the bedroom door to see Gretchen with just a towel. She turned to me in shock, I felt my face heating up, and I noticed how red her face had become.

"Pardon me, I should've knocked" I said before exiting the room. I waited for a few minutes before Gretchen opened the door, letting me in.

___________________

Gretchen sat on the bed for a while, I decided I should speak up "I'm sorry, Gretchen. It was impolite of me not to knock" I said, putting the full blame on me, Gretchen opened her mouth, about to speak but I cut her off "If you say it was your fault, I'll laugh. You weren't expecting me till a quarter to seven. Had roles been reversed, the same thing would've happened" I said looking at the bed.

"Daniel, it was still wrong of me. I knew that we shared a room, and that you might come home soon, I should've at least locked the door" She muttered quietly. I looked up at her face, I lifted my hand and tilted her face towards me.

I pulled her face towards me and kissed her soft lips. Gretchen only leaned in lightly before pulling away. I let her since I don't want to force anything "Gretchen?" I whispered lightly.
"You don't think that I'm worth your time? I don't deserve you. My past..." She didn't finish her sentence
"What on earth do you mean? You deserve the best of everything. The fact you've been though so much is why. You are worth my time, Gretchen. Never before have I felt the way I feel around you, around anyone else" I muttered, lightly kissing her forehead.

Gretchen lifted her head, she leaned in hesitantly, pressing her lips to mine. I moved my hand behind her head and pushed her head towards me, deepening the kiss. We both leaned back, getting our breath back. We laid down and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

Due to her back being exposed, I laid a trail kisses on her backs. I heard a small sound come from Gretchen, but it was so quite I couldn't be sure. I bite her back lightly "Daniel?" She sighed quietly.
"Yes" I muttered quietly, placing a few soft kisses on her back. I stopped when she turned around to face me.

"What's up with you?" She asked, I let out a quiet chuckle
"There is nothing up" I said, Gretchen gave me a weird look.
"It almost seems that you want more love marks on me, it took almost a full week for the pervious one to go away" Gretchen said.

I remembered how the red mark on her collar bone took so long to go away. Frau Schneider had almost caught on, but it had faded away before she saw it. I let out a small chuckle "No, but if there is going to mark, it won't be seen. Besides, it's only happened once" I said. Gretchen chuckled before hugging me, placing her face in my chest. After a while we both fell asleep.

The next morning I kissed Gretchen's back and got up and got changed. "Gretchen?" I asked, lightly shaking her awake. To my shock she whipped to arm, nicking my nose. She opened her eyes and sat up.

"Daniel!? I'm so sorry" She sat, leaning over and hugging me.
"It's fine" I chuckled, holding her shoulders so she doesn't fall. "I'll meet you down stairs" Gretchen said. I nodded and went down stairs.

After a few minutes Gretchen came down wearing a pale pink cotton cardigan with a yellow woollen blouse and had a pale turquoise skirt that almost went to her ankles. She wore her classic brown laced boots.

The Schneider's left, leaving Gretchen and I to look after their kids. I sat in the living room, watching Gretchen look after the Schneider children. I noticed that Anne had asked Gretchen something. Gretchen let out at laugh "I'll be back in a few seconds" She said before going upstairs.