Chapter 2 : Flirt through a call

Future From Me

Chapter 2

Flirt through a call

"Although I couldn't fly,

I had a ladder to climb and reach P'Newt."

Baicha's Quote

The start of my one-sided love story was a bit twisted.

Before I fell in love with P'Newt, I once had a crush on a girl - she was my classmate in ninth grade.

My school years weren't that memorable. I wasn't good-looking. I was short, wore thick glasses and had a bowl cut hairstyle. I was always bullied and made fun of by my male classmates. They called me 'dork' or 'sucker', which caused some female classmates to avoid me as they were afraid of getting infected by my 'dorky' disease.

When all students assembled for the morning assembly everyday, my classmates would keep their distance from me, no one wanted to stand near me. Even during classes, the seats next to me would always be vacant.

I tried to study hard, but there was no improvement. I wanted to enter the top class, which was filled with nerdy students. I thought that my looks would suit being in that class, but as my results weren't good enough, I still couldn't escape this average room.

Besides my family who supported me, I didn't have any friends at school. Not to mention female friends, I didn't even dare to like any girl, because they all loathed me.

However, Namwan was different. She was one of my classmates who had a cute appearance with a bob haircut. Although she wasn't good at studying, she was nice, kind, friendly and beloved by everyone.

Including me.

"Everyone please stop bullying Cha." Namwan always stood up for me.

"Are you okay? Don't worry. I'll sit next to you."

No matter how other classmates avoided me, Namwan still stayed beside me. She was willing to sit next to me and tried to persuade her friends to talk to me.

"See. Cha doesn't have any dorky disease. If he does, I would've been infected already."

Even though I didn't have any close friends, Namwan made my middle school life better.

That was how I developed my crush for Namwan. I was touched by her kindness. She was like an angel. Although I knew she was too good for me, I couldn't help but appreciate how much she did for me. I felt like I needed to thank her in some way.

All I could come up with was Valentine's Day, the day of love. A day where couples would go on dates, while singles would give flowers or chocolates to their crushes. Popular students would usually receive piles of gifts, and I could only envy them.

For me, I didn't even think about getting it from anyone and obviously no one would be willing to receive my Valentine's gift.

But I wanted to give one to Namwan that year, though I wasn't sure what I should give. It should be something special. I decided to make something delicious myself - that was the only thing that I was good at.

My aunt owned a bakery shop near the school. So I practised baking with her after school for a month and planned to bake a Valentine's cake for Namwan.

"Cha, who is this lucky girl you have a crush on? You're putting in so much effort!" My aunt asked, making me blush.