Chapter 8

I'm a sobbing mess. God if this is my second chance to reverse all my past mistakes please, I beg of you don't abandon me yet. I was foolish once but this time I will open my eyes and face the world courageously with my family.

"Alex…" I whimpered his name.

Needing the security and love he gives. I asked for a hug, and he complied to my needs dotingly. On this cold night, I felt no chill instead I sensed the mellow touch of sincerity and protection he gives.

"It's alright. Everything will be alright." He promised.

Although, not knowing my sudden outburst, he held me close until we fell asleep on the floor.

Morning came and papa saw us both asleep on the floor and carried us before mama could spot us and nagged our ears off. He laid us off in each of our rooms and warned us not to sleep again on the cold floor. 

I closed my eyes silently feeling my aching body. I don't know why but I feel cold. Later, mama found out I had a fever. I couldn't see Alex after that night for the next three days. On the first day mama and papa were the only ones allowed to come into my room to avoid spreading illness in the house. My fever was continuously rising, raging from 38.45 to 38.50 degree celsius. 

A doctor was sent in the house to check on me on the second day because my fever went over to 39.91 celsius overnight, he deduced that I was stressed out and had been left in the cold for a very long time, which was right.

On the third day, my fever went down to 37.52 degrees celsius. My memories for the past two days were hazy and now that I can somehow grasp firmly my situation for these past days. I still need to think about what I will do now that I have regressed. 

Should I use my advantage to gain myself some academic medals? because before not ONCE have I owned a medal, my academic grades were okay that's why I was never an honor student.

I have always wanted to play the violin when I was young. I wanted to learn how to dance, to join a choir, to learn boxing, maybe a little parkour? I was too cowardly to ask for anything. I let my fears control me. But not anymore. I will change. I have decided to use every advantage I have to win over every challenge I would face. 

Watch out, fate. I'll pummel you to the ground this time, I'll reverse our roles. I'll beat you twice more than you beat me in the past.

Beware folks, new girl's on town. Running on the loose!