Chapter 19

Drinking cola on a windy summer night on the rooftop of the Hospital after a great brawl.

Is the best feeling to get the perfect emotion of nostalgia.

10:58 this evening, I am drinking cola like drinking water, stuffing my face with pizza.

I like my pizza less cheese. Y'all hate me for this but I like it with pineapple toppings. Classic Hawaiian Pizza.

This moment would have been perfect, just without the kids on my back munching foods like they have never eaten it. Typical rich kids.

I smuggle these children to calm their nerves. After the adults left, the children were a sobbing mess. I was forced to take care of them.

"Canary, why did you lie earlier?" asked Mordred.

Knowing what he meant. I spoke in true honorship in my name I never lie!

"What do you mean? I never tell lies. You and Uleus save both me and Erman. Had you not extended your hand to us we would have been fried to death."

He was silent as he listened to my words. 

"I loved that poem earlier." He said clearly in interest.

"Yeah! You were so cool when you suddenly said those words!" exclaimed Kate.

"En." trying to act cool like a man of little words.

We talk and talk until we sleep on the cold floor. It was fun, in a child's body where you think of no problems and free of the world's standards. It's the child's innocence.

I could feel them closer to me now.

"Ahem, the 12 of us…what are we?" trying to hint the children to tell me we were friends.

"uh…classmates?" Selah said as she raised a brow at me.

"..." I was shocked. 

How can these children be so heartless? I have let you all closer to my heart now and I am just entitled to be your classmate???

My face was showing what I was thinking. It's really hard to make friends even when I'm a person of great wisdom…

The kids were sending signals to each other without my knowing. I had to put a hard face in front of these children who thought I was ONLY their classmate after all that I had done for them.

Valerie and Daniel gave me a knowing look. Erman then said.

"Well, If you want to be friends we could but I don't think you want that, right? It's such a shame, don't you think so too, Canary?"

"Right it such a shame…I really want to be friends with you Canary, too bad." Mordred smiled.

"Me too, I really want to be friends too." added Uleus.

Brats! you really know how to use your words huh! Friends?! 

"hmph!" I pouted.

Heh, I know I'm cute so surender. 

"WHAT ARE WE? WE ARE ALL BEST FRIENDS!" all the children bellowed.

I was shocked once again but I felt really happy. 

The children's voices were heard by most patients and doctors. They had people bang the rooftop door because it locked from our side, while we laughed merrily at the new found friendships.