Chapter 12

On the second day of preschool.

We were left to fend for our own because teacher Anne left for the office.   

SHE LEFT US! CHILDREN WITH NO SUPERVISION HERE IN THIS CLASSROOM LOCKED! 

We could have died here or what if there's a fire and the doors locked what are we gonna do woman! Come back!

And holy shit! Why is the crazy kid holding a stationary knife??? Stop waving it around like a katana!

Hannah! you are not possessed, stop drawing creepy things!

You guys! you're gonna go bald if you keep grabbing your hair like that!

Zach you shouldn't encourage them!

Uleus! you're gonna break your skull if you keep climbing that cabinet!

Dear lord! Who allowed their kid to bring a lighter at school!?

Mordred..you're not an arsonist are you? Right?

were gonna die…

"WE ARE GONNA DIE!!!" I screamed unintentionally.

All the kids turned to look at me as if I lost my head…Hey, I'm not crazy here…

I covered my head with a book and acted as if I was just reading a line from it.

Things continued as before and then…it clicked to me the missing pages of my memories when I was young and how I got that scar on my back…

Fire…

Mordred, You were the reason I couldn't wear a bikini because of the scar you caused!

I have to stop him before its too late!

I searched for him and saw hima bout to light the curtains on fire and it did…I was too late.

We have to get out of here! but the door's locked! 

The fire's quickly escelating, the children are panicking! Look for a way to escape!

No matter how you guys screamed we won't be heard! the room is soundproof!

The windows! no too high. Where?! the smoke is thickening in the room were gonna suffocate if we wait any longer. 

"Everyone! take all your water bottles and wet your handkerchiefs then cover your mouth!" I spoke with authority.

They followed my words earnestly.

Damn it! the windows will do! we'll have to compromise! stupid kids why did you have to light the curtains! You could have light anything other than a curtain!

"Daniel! carry that chairs to that window!"

"Selah! grab those big books!"

"Erman! stay away from the cabinet!"

A series of orders were quickly accomplished. We stacked all the big books and chairs to make a stairs for us climb the window!

BANG-!

The cabinet fell, sacred the children trembling. No! they can't, I have to distract them or else we'll never get out of here!

"hey guys! did you know that the teachers are planning a surprise for us outside? We have to go throught that window to surpirse them instead! I heard them talk in the hallway earlier."

That seems to calm their nerves.

"Clydel, your tall so you go first and open the window after you jump down hurry and look for anyone you come across and bring them here!"

If I tell him to call the firefighters or police he'll get scared! an adult will understand if they see the situation!

"Next, Loyde! you will wait for us at the other side of the window you'll help the others jump down, okay?"

"okay…" Loyed murmured.

As Clydel was about to jump, he stopped.

"what's wrong?" I asked feeling the urgency to get out of here.

"Its too high…" he said.

" don't be scared, how about you drop a cushion below so you won't get hurt?" I spoke while trying to be as patient as possible.

"okay." he agreed noticing my scared eyes.