Chapter 10

Me, Alex and Bea were sitting in the car with awkward silence. I somehow cannot look Alex on the eye after that event.

We are currently heading to the farm owned by my uncle. He distributes his gains from his farm and sells them, he is quite a big shot in the city. If you want fresh milk, fruits, vegetables, meat, and poultry you go for him. Today is the farm's anniversary. All of us, the Lorell Family, take great importance in family reunions.

Today, I'll be introducing to you all of my cousins. Most of us have about a 10 years gap as cousins because my papa is the youngest and married last.

Road to the Farm was quite rocky, that's the reason why we rode the Wrangler instead of the 'normal' car.

We are one big tight family. I can count my cousins in four hands. Now I have 14 older brothers and 6 older sisters for cousins. I know it's quite cliche’ but they are very protective of us, Alex, Bea, and me. For we are the youngest they can only cuddle.

We arrived at the destination. My uncle Jack owns 12 hectares of land; this farm was only part of it. Uncle Jack has 3 sons, thus he treasures girls very much.

You could say that the girls in our family are very protected since most of our family is made of men.

I can't believe that I let go of this family just for the sake of a filthy promise. I regretted that I should have never met him…

"Bea! Cana!" three voices entwined were heard by us.

As we stepped out of the car. Both me and Bea were immediately enclosed by a bone crushing hug by three burly men.

Theodore, Edgar, and Julius were the only children of Uncle Jack and Aunt Yeni, sadly she passed away 3 years ago due to a frail body. That's why they are very sensitive about everyone's health in the family.

"Theo! Ed! Juli! I've missed you guys so much!" I exclaimed.

"If you missed us that much then you should live here with us that way you'll never miss us again." spoke Theodore.

"Might I add that we, be released from this clutch of doom?..." Bea complained in a very Victorian accent.

She has been watching Victorian drama for a while now.

"Madame Beatrice, how I waited for your visit and yet you just brushed away my feelings, indeed I am deeply hurt don't you think so too Juli." Edgar chuckled, still not letting go.

"Indeed this cold hearted Madam does not care for us as much as…Lady Canary does!" Julius bellowed and snatched me away from the other two's grasp.

He held me up and twirled me around. I didn't know this could be so much fun being twirled. We were having so much fun that we completely ignored Alex standing in the corner. 

He snapped, "Return me, my sisters!"

He was fuming, Alex is still young compared to the other three and he was shorter than them by a head. Thus, he couldn't reach us even if he wanted to.