Chapter 20

Today is a very important day. The day I prove all my strengths. Violin Competition!

For the past 4 years, I have been honing the skill of plating violin. Today I will be tested of my conviction. My Big Day!

Getting ready I choose a Purple fantasy dress. Putting on my pearl earings, I walk to my walk-in dressing room and look myself on the mirror. 

Feeling the confidence and power rising in!

"Canary! Come down now were going to be late if you keep dilly dally!" exclaimed mama.

"Coming!"

I walk down the stairs feeling like a real queen. Bow down peasents, Heh. Five steps before going down the bottom stairs I paised and looked down at my brothers and sisters. Yes, I said Brothers and sisters, my cousins showed up to.

I put my hands above my head just so I could form them into a crown. With just the right lighting I had showed them A queen basking in the light of God.

My cousins quickly whipped their phones and camera, took thousand of photos.

"Ghad~ hurry up Cana quit posing!" annoyed Bea.

"Had you have even just the tiniest drop of my beauty, you wouldn't be this bitter." I countered.

"Ohhhh…" Sounded my cousins.

I had already come down. When one of my elder cousin carried me. Alvin, son of the third eldest sister of my father.

"You are gonna do great!" he said.

"Thanks Al!" as I landed a kiss on his cheeks.

We arrived at the auditorium, packed with people. I went straight to the back of the stage. While my family sat in the front seats.

While I was waiting, I had my nerves on cracks. I am the 3rd contestant. The first and the second played beautifully and although we were of the same age, you can realy see their hard work through their piece. However, I too work hard on my piece! I won't lose!

"My name is Canary Lorell, I will be playing"

I played this piece with my heart and soul. I can't see the reactions and faces of the audience because I closed my eyes, Afraid I'd make a mistake.

And on the last note, I slowly opened my eyes my ears wers bombarded with applaus. My sweat were falling off. But I felt no fatigue instead elated by the fact that I had played infront of these people whole heartedly.

I bowede my head nd left the stage. After that, I ran down to my own make-up room and waited till it was about to announce the winner. You don't say I had worst feeling of contempt to myself that whole time. I couldn't listen to the other contestants piece for I was too preoccupied with my thought of self-destruct.

"3rd winner….Contestant 18! Rei Kurono. 2nd winner….Contestant 1! Brian Canoy. 1st winner our little violin genius! drumer roll please….Contestant 3! Canary Lorell!"