Chapter 24

How to talk to a cute boy tutorial!

First step! Engage in small talk!

Second…I don’t know.

“Ahem! By the way, I’m Canary, may I know your name?” I asked.

“Oh right! I’m Lucien…” said he.

“So…um are you a foreigner? You don’t usually see someone with blonde hair around here, especially yours! It looked like molten gold in your head…Too shiny!” first attempt to sound funny.

“Oh thank you, and yes I just came here for vacation.”

“Oh

Silence…okay this is painfully awkward…

We arrived at a big gate. I asked the security guard to open the gate. Although it was still a bit far to walk from the gate to the door and the dogs were barking at the sight of me and an unknown intruder. 

“Blacky! Kuro! Ater!” I called their names and they all sat down. 

As if to stand attention. This trio was sent by Theo as a security dogs in the house as we didn’t have one before. 

I looked at Lucien and said.

“Don’t worry they are very well behaved and they don’t bite…Uh well they do, but as long as I’m with you they won’t.”

“Oh

When I thought he was uninterested, he added.

“Their names…It all means black, is it because their fur is black?”

“Yeah, my dad was too lazy to think of names for the three of them so he just named the obvious.” I giggled as I thought of that time when papa was naming these three.

“So how about we go in? It's about to go dark, we still need to call your guardians.” I uttered.

There’s not many people here at the house at this time. Alex is attending his boxing practice, while Bea’s rehearsing for her Ice skating competition in Korea next week. Papa’s busy with work, mama is working in the hospital, Darrel is sleeping at this time, And Elise is being taken care of by a hired nanny.

We went into the house and went straight upstairs with no interruptions to the second floor, at my mama’s study room. I handed Lucien the telephone so he could dial. Leaving him room to talk to his guardian I went downstairs to the kitchen to grab him some snacks.

He might be hungry. I don’t know how long he was waiting on the sidewalk with the cat but I’m pretty sure his parched.

From the fridge I grabbed a bottle of orange juice, grapes, cookies, and a whole piece of cake. Then I took my cola which I bought from the store cause the house does NOT have a single cola!

I returned to the study room and offered him what I brought.

“Do you want something else? The house has everything you need!” I added.

“But you just went to the store…Didn’t you just bought something from the store because the house was lacking?” He teased.

“Well, That’s because the house was forbidden to buy any cola! And It's my favorite drink! I can’t live without it” I exaggerated.