Chapter 15

The parents and guardians came running, when they heard the news.

Especially my whole family…they came. All of them.

I feel very touched that they took time to spare to visit me at the hospital. How could I not notice this familial love in the past? Was I so blinded with promises and loyalty that I…left them?

The children were embraced by their family. Parents who have been feeling a great sense of fear, found comfort when they held their child unharmed by fire. Some parents directly complained to the teachers in front of the children. 

They were yelling and pointing fingers, the doctors were around too , the teachers had no choice but to zip their mouths and bow their heads in shame. 

This was a very embarrassing situation. 

I know their vexations and fear but the children are still around, the children have yet to feel safe and secure by the earlier events. It is simply inappropriate to talk like this after an accident! And what irked me most is that my family joined in the squabble!

For God's sake!-

“It wasn’t the teachers fault!” yelled Mordred.

“It was mine! I brought a turbo lighter…I got it from my Uncle. I thought it was cool and wanted to show it to everyone at school. Teacher Anne left after being called by the headmistress and I wanted to light something to show everyone but there was no paper, so I…lighted the curtains.” 

Everyone was quiet when they heard Mordred's confession. They were perplexed to blame a child and yet I can’t help but feel so proud of Mordred who had the courage to own up his mistake after the sense of fear and oppression from the teachers and parents.

Even though the faces of the adults were grim. 

“A man who owns his mistake is ready for great discipline and chastise, says me.”

A man in a military uniform came and spoke the words of…comfort?

He’s James Pylle, the person Clydel found! The great Military General.

“Excuse me of my late introduction, I am James Pylle, the one and only legal Guardian of Mordred Rain.” He exclaimed. 

His face look cold and I have a hunch he’s got facial paralysis.

The teachers remembered his face and brightened up as if they were their savior. Looking at him thinking he’s down to his mistake of wrong upbringing of the child.

Now that all parents and guardian are present at this moment the adults are about to settle scores