09

An/ I can't believe how popular this book has gotten, thank you from the bottom of my heart

"You see the Res isn't that bad." Jacob says putting his dads truck in park.

"It was fun." Bella says getting out and Jacob follows quickly.

"You should come again, you know to hang out. I'm sure Eve was happy you were there." Jacob says and Bella stands on her porch nodding her head.

Edwards car pulled into the driveway quickly making Jacob roll his eyes and Bella give him a look.

"Do you know how worried I was?" Edward asks and Jacob frowns but his frown deepens when he smells a familiar scent.

"I was fine..."

"Shh." Jacob says taking a deep breath again trying to figure out if the scent he was smelling was Edward or not.

"Why are you..."

An ear piercing scream comes from inside the house and Jacob rushes in knowing that it was Eve who was screaming.

Jacob races up the stairs and stops outside her doorway relaxing when he saw Charlie holding his daughter close as she cried.

"What happened? I was dropping Bella off when I heard the scream." Jacob asks noticing how Eves bedroom windows was open.

"Someone was in here." Eve cries making Charlie shush her trying to calm her down.

"What happened?" Bella asks stopping behind Jacob her eyes widening seeing her sister in such a distraught state.

"Dad please someone was in here, he was right next to me." Eve cries.

"Okay, okay I'll go check it out." Charlie says gently.

"Bells." Charlie says and Bella nods her head rushing over to take her dads place.

"Is she alright?" Edward asks concerned.

"She's just shaken." Charlie explains before leaving to go check around the house.

"It was a vampire." Eve cries holding onto Bella tightly.

"What?" Jacob asks rushing over to her his eyes scanning to make sure that there were no injuries to her.

"She's right," Edward says coming into the room, "I smelt him in Bella's room." He finished and Jacob sighs.

"I'm going into the station to file a report, there were footprints below your window." Charlie says walking into the room.

"Im going to call Jared." Jacob says pulling out his phone and Charlie walks over to his two daughters.

"Go spend the night at Jared's sweetheart. I'll find who was here alright?" Charlie asks and Eve nods her head making Charlie give her a sad smile. He kisses her forehead before leaving the house to go file a report.

"They are on their way, you won't want to be here." Jacob says looking at Edward.

"Bella come on, you're coming to my house for the night." Edward says and Bella looks at her sister unsure.

"I got her Bells." Jacob says sitting on the other side of Eve pulling her into his arms.

"Call me okay?" Bella says to Eve and the older girl nods her head her tears finally stopping.

Bella and Edward go to her room to pack while Jacob holds onto the girl he thought of as an older sister tightly.

"I'm so sorry, I was right outside I could've helped." Jacob whispers and Eve shakes her head sniffling.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"I Want Jared." Eve whispers sadly.

"He's on his way."

•••

"Eve! Eve!" Jared yells running up the stairs and bolting into her room.

Jacob let's go of Eve and she runs to Jared sobbing. He quickly picked her up holding her closely to him kissing the side of her head repeatedly.

Eves legs tightened around his waist while her arms were almost suffocating him, but neither cared at that point.

"Oh my god, my baby." Jared whispers holding her tightly while Eve just sobbed.

"Where are the others?" Jacob asks.

"Woods, tracing the fucking leeches track." Jared says and Jacob nods his head.

"I'll give you guys some alone time, I'll be in the kitchen." Jacob says closing the bedroom door behind him.

Jared sits down on Eves bed still holding her closely while her sobs filled the room.

"I was so sacred, he was right- right there." Eve cries and Jared shushes her gently.

"Did he hurt you?" Jared asks making Eve shake her head.

"I want to go to yours." Eve cries and Jared nods his head combing his fingers through her hair hoping to calm her down enough to get her to stop crying.

"You're never leaving my house again." Jared says to her.

Eve hides her face in his neck the tears slowly coming to a stop. Jared's hand rub small circles at the bottom of her back while he kept kissing her head gently.

"He was going to bite me." Eve whispered and Jared's heart stopped.

"He won't ever get near you again." Jared says.

Eve snuggles closer to him her hands shaking as she gripped his tank top tightly.

"Is she okay!"

Jared turns to see Paul looking at the two worriedly. He runs over and gets on his knees looking Eve over.

"Evie," Paul whispered but she whimpered hiding her face more into Jared's neck.

"She's just scared, he didn't hurt her." Jared explains to his best friend and Paul sighs happy nothing bad happened to the girl he has grown fond of.

"Can you take her while I pack her a bag?" Jared asks and Paul nods his head.

Paul grabs Eve pulling her to his lap holding onto her tightly while she rested her head against his shoulder silent tears leaving her eyes.

Jared grabs her duffel bag and starts packing as much of her clothes as he could fit, there's no way he was ever letting her leave La Push without him ever again.

He made sure to grab her phone and phone charger, along with her headphones and iPod before zipping up the duffel laying it on the other side of her bed.

"I want to go home." Eve whispers.

"Come on baby, I'll take you home." Jared says taking her from Paul.

Eves legs were wrapped around his waist again and her arms around his neck while she placed a kiss on his shoulder blade.

Paul stands up and grabs her duffel bag slinging it over her shoulder while the three make their way downstairs.

"Can you drive us back? I ran here." Jared asks Jacob and he nods his head pulling his keys from his Jean pocket.

"Let's go."

Jacob lead the way to his dads truck, getting in the drivers seat while Jared slides in with Eve still wrapped around him. Paul put her bag in the bed of the truck and gave Jared a small smile.

"I'll see you at home."

Jared nods his head and Jacob starts the truck driving back to La Push. Eve held onto Jared tightly scared if she let go something was going to happen.

"You're safe baby, you're safe now." Jared whispers.

"Then why don't I feel like it?"