Chapter 2: Really . . . just strangers?

The atmosphere in the office became even tenser than before.

After Hyunjung scolded Meiqi, she directed a few words of command in a low voice to Xuanyi on the side. Only then did she finally turn to walk toward her office. Her hair was composed into a beautiful arc, her figure neat and clean, and her aura compelling.

Her footsteps suddenly stopped, and she cast her eyes over them when she reached Jiyeon's station.

The gentle eyes in her memory were now very indifferent and full of scrutiny.

Jiyeon was taken aback by her stare, and she lowered her eyes and glanced at her computer. After checking that there were no mistakes on the page three times, she let out a sigh of relief and raised her head again.

Her expression was awkward. It was a smile yet also not quite a smile.

She didn't even know what to say.

Thankfully, it was Hyunjung who spoke first.

However, the person she called wasn't her, but rather Yoo Yeonjung behind her. "Come to my office later."

"Yes, ma'am," Yeonjung responded quickly.

Satisfied, Hyunjung nodded and walked away. She didn't look at Jiyeon once this entire time.

So . . . she didn't recognize her.

Jiyeon was a little dazed. She calmed her thoughts down a little and reflected on what happened. Hyunjung was the woman from this morning, but her aura could not be any more different.

But the fact she didn't recognize her was still normal. After all, the two had seen each other just once. She also had her hair down this morning, but it was up in a ponytail now; there was still a difference.

Jiyeon nodded and stopped thinking about it, quickly returning to the work at hand, and working the whole afternoon.

She also heard Hyunjung scold people the whole afternoon.

The Foreign Trade Department was very large and was divided into many smaller departments. One of which is the Documents Approval Department, which is mainly responsible for handling letters of credit sent from abroad and making contact with banks.

It was extremely strict with data handling, calculating accuracy to two decimal places, where not even a single digit could be wrong.

But recently, there was a young girl who, distracted with dating, didn't catch a mistake during the verification process. Before checking through the rest of the items, she rushed to confirm with the foreign side, only to find out it was too late. Three points were wrong on the list of data.

The letter of credit was almost declined.

Fortunately, President Kim Hyunjung often checked the company's internal emails on business trips. After discovering the problem, she promptly coordinated with the bank and importer, paid the corresponding fines, and smoothed the tripartite relationship. It was only because of all that the transaction process did not get delayed.

However, there were still losses. The trust of the customer in KeRui was reduced, and KeRui may not be their first choice when choosing a company to cooperate with in the future.