Chapter 51: Busted!

This cat lived up to its name; it was quite obedient.

Soobin even did a demonstration before she left, saying it was obedient and would come when called by name.

Soobin: "When you want to feed it, play with it or whatever, just call its name."

Jiyeon: "Oh, alright, alright......"

She sounded incredibly unconfident and her thoughts were a mess. Thinking of Hyunjung, her face fell.

After Soobin left, she even pulled out her phone and checked, wanting to know what to do if her girlfriend and cat shared the same name.

As she typed "girlfriend" and "cat", a few search predictions popped out:

"Girlfriend and cat, which is more important?"

"Girlfriend jealous of a cat"

"Girlfriend fighting with the cat for affection"

In the end, there was even a result about the differences between a girlfriend and a cat.

"......"

Seems like she's not the only one with this problem.

Sighing, Jiyeon took a look at some of the results, but couldn't glean anything useful from them.

She looked at the cat that was obediently cleaning itself on the couch, and she couldn't help walking over.

Her lips parted slightly as she called out tentatively: "Hyunddong?"

The moment the words fell from her lips, the cat meowed in response, so softly and tenderly that Jiyeon felt like her heart was melting.

Pausing for a moment, she finally bent over and picked the cat up, cuddling it for a while. Anyway...... her girlfriend wasn't there today.

It should be fine to be affectionate with the cat.

As Hyunjung was entering the hotel, she received a call from the client she was supposed to meet, saying that he suddenly had something come up at home, so they might need to postpone the meeting to tomorrow.

He sounded apologetic and sincere, calling in person to apologize and explain. Because his mother had fallen sick, he needed to take care of her so he could only go back to the agreed-upon meeting.

She expressed her understanding; after all, plans were always susceptible to change, and his situation was understandable.

Additionally, Ke Rui had already been working with this company for a year and there had never been any problems, so she was willing to believe him and she was still confident the deal would go through.

Therefore, in the call, she mentioned it was no big deal, the client's mother's health was more important. After that, she instructed Assistant Nam to prepare some gifts as she would be personally visiting the client tomorrow.

At the same time, she checked her schedule for tomorrow and rearranged some unimportant meetings to free up some time to meet the client. After finally finishing all that, she took out her phone and checked the time, realizing it was still early. It wasn't even 8 pm yet!