Chapter 53: My Home Is Where The Stars Are

Jiyeon groggily heard this crybaby confessing to her. It was quite sincere; her voice was small and soft, sounding incredibly shy.

Jiyeon was half-asleep but she couldn't help but smile and reach out a hand, patting Hyunjung's back.

Her lips parted gently as she softly replied: "I like you the most."

Five simple words, but it was filled with tenderness and it spread in the darkness of the night, making anybody unable to be unmoved.

Hyunjung's eyes turned red. Luckily it was dark, so she didn't worry about Jiyeon seeing it. She managed to hold back the tears in her eyes as she looked at her lying next to her. Raising her hand, she gently patted Jiyeon's back and said: "Sleep well."

After that, she quickly turned around and took out her phone, typing away--

"My girlfriend's too good. I like her the most too, the most in the universe!"

After sending that out, she felt a little embarrassed, smiling foolishly at the screen for a few seconds before turning around again.

She pulled the blanket up to cover Jiyeon properly, then she prayed for her to have a good dream silently. Finally, she snuggled into her arms, hugging her as if she was a treasure.

Alright, now she could finally sleep in peace.

She had great dreams that night.

The next day, Hyunjung was just as busy with meetings, the factory visit, meeting clients, and networking. Before she got off work, there was a problem with a partnership with an old client, so she had to make an emergency work trip out for a few days.

This person had originally planned out her time with her girlfriend after getting off work, but with this, her plans were all ruined and she wasn't happy.

But this matter wasn't something that could be put off, it was best to settle it as quickly as possible. So she could only rush home to pack before heading off.

Before she left, she kissed and hugged Jiyeon to make up for all the time she would miss being away, and she even nagged her for a while to eat properly, take care of herself, and call her if she had a nightmare......

Looking at it, it seemed more as if the one going on the trip was Jiyeon and not her. It felt like she couldn't bear to be apart.

Jiyeon nodded every time this person said something to try and reassure her a little more.

After that, she took off the hair tie she was using and put it onto Hyunjung's wrist, saying, take it with you and it'll be like I'm with you.

"Don't underestimate this, I cast a spell on it, so it's really useful." she smiled as she coaxed her gently. "It can protect you while you're traveling!"

Although it was fake, it was still a useful mental aid. Hyunjung immediately felt much happier and she touched the hair tie, nodding and saying she would take good care of it.

_

Time passed by like that until the next day. Recently, Jiyeon didn't have much to do at work and she wasn't too busy. There was plenty of time for her to be more concerned about Hyunjung and understand exactly what this person was doing on her work trip.