Cahpter 34: Is This Real Or Fake?

She didn’t expect that this crybaby would be coaxed because of a misunderstanding.

Jiyeon watched as this person slowly ate that piece of cream red bean paste pastries, the smile in her eyes growing deeper.

Afraid she might choke, Jiyeon got to her feet and picked up this person’s cup, thinking to go get some water for her.

She didn’t think too much about it, it was a simple matter.

But she didn’t expect her boss to suddenly become bashful over this.

Maybe it was because the two of them had just made up, she hadn’t yet gotten used to Jiyeon's care.

Jiyeon was just about to leave when she suddenly stuck out a hand and blocked her path.

Chewing quickly and swallowing the last bite of the cream red bean paste pastries, she finally opened her mouth.

“You don’t have to go.” She waved her hand, pulling her cup back from Jiyeon's grasp before pushing the box of cream red bean paste pastries towards her.

It was probably to insinuate, have some too!

Was she shy to the point that she couldn’t speak?

Jiyeon wanted to laugh, but afraid of triggering Hyunjung again, she held it back.

“I was just going to get some water for you, I’ll be back soon.” She sighed and turned around to reason with her. “the bread is a bit dry, it wouldn’t be good if you choked on it.”

“It’s okay.” She didn’t expect Hyunjung to reject her again immediately after she said that.

She even lowered her head and pulled open a drawer in her desk, searching for something.

Jiyeon looked over, realizing the drawer was stuffed full of trinkets. A Ji, the hot water bottle, clips, various cards, souvenirs from various vacations.

And…… many boxes of milk.

“???” 

This was her first time knowing that their President Kim still drank milk.

Was it because she wanted to grow taller?

Out of the blue, Jiyeon recalled Hyunjung's height-increasing insoles and couldn’t hide her laughter anymore. She quickly turned around and looked at a corner of the room, chuckling.

When she turned back around, Hyunjung had already taken out a box of milk and held it in front of her.

Thinking that Jiyeon had treated her to cream red bean paste bread, it wouldn’t be nice to not reciprocate, so she said: “I’ll treat you to milk.”

Even with a suppressed voice and a stern expression, it still felt as if she was as fierce as a puppy when put together with that box of milk.

Jiyeon couldn’t help smiling.

“Thank you, President Kim.” She said, her eyes curving with those nice corner mouth dimples showing.