Chapter 61: The Wedding

The two of them decided to hold their wedding on the last day of October. They chose two pretty wedding gowns, decided on the decor style they wanted for their new house, and sent out invitations to their close friends.

Even the wedding destination was selected after a lot of thought from both of them; it was the romantic and beautiful New Zealand.

Because of it, Hyunjung especially applied for quite a few days of leave. One must know, that this person had always put work first and never taken such a long break before.

Thus, everybody in the office was curious and gossiped for a few days, feeling as if Hyunjung was going to get married. After all, she suddenly had a ring on her ring finger. There was even a big diamond on it and it was designed in such a romantic style, it was an engagement ring.

Everybody was deeply curious about this unknown partner of hers, and when the gossiping was at its most relentless, they suddenly realized Jiyeon also had an engagement ring.

When asked, she said she was also going to get married, and the dates she applied for leave were the same as their president.

Could it be such a coincidence?

Everybody in the office was shocked, except for Chengxiao. She had already figured out what was going on. After all, she had seen them smiling at each other multiple times sweetly, with blushing faces and tenderness in their eyes.

After a while, she had finally understood, what else could it be but love?

Although...... this was the first same-sex couple she had interacted with, she didn't discriminate against them at all. She was even a bit moved, because the two of them were pretty good ladies, and they would become even better in the future.

So before Jiyeon knocked off work, Chengxiao especially gave a red packet to her. Although she had encountered all sorts of things before, she still had a bit of embarrassment and relief on her face as she wished for Jiyeon and Hyunjung to have a blissful marriage.

She had rarely said such mushy stuff in her life and she felt a bit uncomfortable, but seeing Jiyeon's eyes fill with tears, her heart softened and she patted her shoulder, looking as if they were a family.

Conveniently, she got an invitation card and Jiyeon's heartfelt invitation: "You have to come too. We'll take care of the ticket and accommodation expenses, you just need to turn up."

"Alright," she nodded. "I'd like to witness such a grand event too."

Hearing that, Jiyeon smiled and her gratitude cumulated into a single sentence: "Thank you".

For the next few days, Hyunjung and Jiyeon were preparing for their wedding together. Of course, they enjoyed their vacation as well, going out for meals, movies, and walks in the park, enjoying each day to the fullest. Until the day before they had to go to the airport.

That night, Hyunjung told Jiyeon that she had to handle something, so she would be back a bit later the next day.

"Alright," she nodded, kissing Hyunjung's cheek a few times. She didn't ask where she was going. After all, she respected her, because she trusted her.

She even took out the new dress she had bought for her lately and told her to be careful on the way. It was a black dress, suitable for what Hyunjung was going to do the next day.