Warmth (angst/comfort)

This takes place in season 7

Since I understood it the best out of all of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Grian is an adult.

And he and everyone else knew that.

So why is this adult so childish?

Nobody really knew the answer to that, but the Grian himself.

It wasn't because he really was as childish as he came off to be, of course the occasional prank he believes to be genuine.

Yet Grian is stuck in his own little world half of the time, making him question almost everything about life. He wasn't sad, nor depressed but the way things are going he might as well be.

The thought in his head is the Lingers 24/7 making it hard to think properly. The overwhelming thought that he isn't as real as everyone wants. What if all the pranks and wars he does were just for show? Just for profile? What if he makes a Mistake, and shows who he really is. But who is he? Is he really what people make him out to be?

Grian shook his head too tired to dig further into the depths of his mind.
'I need to just sleep this whole thing off' he thought as he rested his head against the soft pillow.
'Yeah.. that will work'
his mind slowly drifted to the land of dreams leaving the hermit to sleep peacefully.

The bright morning shone through the windows of Grian's starter base, forcing the builder to awaken to it.
"Ughhh" He grumbled slowly getting up. He forgot to plan anything for today. Nothing at all.

'So stupid'

Grain thought quite annoyed at his forgetfulness.

"Might as well text mumbo to see if he's busy." Grian said aloud, still a bit sleepy.

Grain: mumbo are you busy?

Mumbo: not rlly. Why?

Grain: I wanted to know if you wanna hang out?

Mumbo: sure I'll fly over.

Grian placed down his communicator, no part of him would ever admit it but he was quite happy mumbo wasn't busy.
Grian is a social creature no doubt, he loves his friends and his friends love hi-

'Wait a second..' Grian started to let his head wonder off

' Do they like me or the person they think I am?' The hermit could feel his heart Shiver a bit from the sudden thought.

'What if I'm not who they want? Who am I?' Grian let it go too far. He then stood up from his bed to grab a golden carrot from a nearby shulker box, trying to distract himself from the overwhelming sensation of his thoughts.

"Griannn '' someone said near his front door.

He suddenly realized mumbo had arrived.

'What perfect timing' he thought sarcastically.

"Hey mumbo?" he said in a questioning tone, not letting the younger fella in yet.

"Hm? Grian? Yeah?" Mumbo said, slightly confused.

"Would you still like me if I wasn't who I am now?" Grian asked not knowing himself for sure what he's asking exactly.

"Grian?"

There was a moment of silence

Nothing too long but quite uncomfortable for the both of them.

"Of course I would. No matter what, you're still my best friend. Now what got you thinking otherwise?" Mumbo said calmly, trying to hide his growing concern for his best friend.

Grian was touched by what he just heard

In fact he felt like a million anvils were just lifted off his chest.

Of course many questions still remained but it was hard not to feel overjoyed when one was just answered, in the way he hoped too.

Grian opened the door finally and immediately brought mubo in a hug.

"Thanks mumbo," grian sighed but in relief rather than sadness.

"I really needed that." He finished, letting go of mumbo.

Grian had a smile sitting on his lovely face.

Not like all his other smiles, his smiles were always real despite his overthinking, this one just felt warmer.

Mumbo smiled back and washed off his concerns for his older friend.

Although Grain has the tendency to overthink, he'll be just fine. With all his friends there to show him everything is warm, Grain will do better than ever.

Expect he'll never finish the back of the mansion, or at least not by himself, now that's a fact.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone wants a part 2, I'll do it.

Writing this was quite fun ^^

Words count: 726 words