Truth

Very little angst

--------------------------------------------------------------

Elytras have to be the best thing to ever happen, although they break apart too easily. Perhaps not to the casual flier, with all the enchantments. To them, it might seem like they last forever, but to grian, not so much.

He's had multiple occasions with his elytras breaking mid flight, but he's always been fine. But now he's in a bit of a pickle. His elytra is almost broken, literally a few seconds from breaking, and he's so high up that he can't even see the floor.

How did this happen?

Well, Grian personally blames the guy named Scar next to him, though it's not entirely his fault.

They were just messing around as usual till Scar took off in the sky. Usually, it'd be grian flying first, but grian was well aware of his elytras condition at the moment. Since he hadn't repaired it in a while. But Scar continued to taunt him, unaware of the elytras condition. And since Grian has little to no self-control, he couldn't help but fly up as well, trying to catch Scar. That's how they got into this situation.

"Ahh, I always have the best times with you, Grian!" Scar said, laughing a bit.

He was finally setting down from all the kidding around. " Though I don't know how I'll get down without dying.. I can't land as well as you." Scar said, looking down, trying to spot the floor.

"Um scar.."

Grian's fear grew more with that sudden reminder. How will he get down? Without dying.. It's not like perma death is enabled, but you can still feel the pain of dying. It's terrible. Scar is probably the person who's felt it the most, and all though he's used to it, not even he wants to feel that pain. And Xisuma also gets so concerned for everyone who dies, and ughh grian doesn't wanna deal with that! He has stuff he wants to do, pranks he wants to pull! There's no time for dying.

"Grian? You good there, buddy?" Scar asked, concerned of his friend spacing out.

"Hey scar, hypothetically, if I fell, would you be able to catch me?" Grian asked, fear growing with every word.

"Hmm, hypothetically? Probably not." Scar said, genuinely think about it.

"Ah. That's too bad. Can you tell Xisuma I don't want his weird therapy like talks then? They are kinda annoying.." grian said, kinda accepting his soon to come death.

"Huh? Xisuma's comfort chats? Wait, didn't you say your question was hypothetical?" Scar asked, slow in the head apparently.

"Scar, you're a great friend, but how can you be so dumb sometimes?" Grian said, sighing through his words.

Then his elytra broke.

"How lovely." Grian said, accepting his death and watching Scar panic above him. Then the floor and him came in contact.

It stung. Alot. All over his body, it hurt with undeniable pain. He couldn't pinpoint exactly what it felt like, but it definitely wasn't a nice feeling. It's been a while since he died, especially of fall damage. It reminded him of pain he's felt before, in a different place. A place he once thought was perfect but brought pain upon him. Perhaps hermitcraft was just like that. Maybe this pain of death is a reminder that he shouldn't be happy. This is suffocating.

Until he felt like he had gone to sleep, with the weight over his head, but a second to forget it all.

He woke up to see a light above him. "Is this the afterlife?" He said, laughing at himself and then looking around.

He expected to be in Xisuma's base since he always takes those who die there so he can immediately help them. Yet grian wasn't. He was alone in the depths of his own base. It was cold for some reason. The weight on his shoulders only grew bigger. Until it clicked.

"Oh yeah. I told Scar to tell Xisuma I don't want the comfort Chat he always has. I'm so stupid." Grian said to himself, smiling unhappily.

"Why can't I just accept the kindness of those around me? After all, one of those comfort chats sounds really nice right now.." grian mumbled to himself, curing it's a ball of sadness.

"Dude, if you really want one that much, anyone on the hermitcraft server will be willing to talk with you.."

someone said from who knows where. Grian immediately jumped up to see a concerned impulse on the other side of the room.

"Umm.. Well, Scar said to sit here and watch you, as he talks to xisuma about something - and I don't mean to intrude on anything, but I'm here to help if you need it.." Impulse said awkwardly. Grian smiled a bit, although still upset.

"I think I wan -" Grian was cut off his door opening. "Ah, grian. I heard that you don't wanna talk with me about how you feel. Which is understandable, I get it. But if you ever change your mind, I want you to know I'm here. It's been a while since you last felt the pain of death, so I'm just a little concerned about how you're taking it, you know?" Xisuma said, really acting like a concerned father.

"I'm good now, xisuma. And I actually wanted to ask if I can still talk with someone.. the death was more harmful to my mind than I thought it'd be.." grian said, shyly. Xisuma smiled in relief because grian seemed alright.

"Don't worry, Grian, everyone here is always open to help you." Xisuma said, sitting down next to grian.

"Yeah.. I see that now.." grian said happily.

'Hermitcraft is where I belong, and I deserve to be happy. No amount of pain should shatter those truths.' Grian thought, reassuring himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ello! I've been gone for a good bit and decided to write something small. It's not my best work, but I hope you enjoyed it even so.

Words: 995