Elytra shortage

Season 6 (I haven't finished watching completely yet so don't judge on accuracy.)

Angst/comfort

------------------------------------------------------------

Elytras Were a big part of Grians life, without an elytra how would he be labeled as the best flier on the hermitcraft server?
He's not afraid to admit he's definitely not the best at Redstone, but his friends help take care of Redstone when he needs it.
He's great at building, not particularly the best, but no one is really the best builder so that doesn't bother him in the slightest.

But flying, that's the one thing he can truly say he's the best at, without flying wouldn't he just be nothing at all? Well.. that's his thought process whether it is true or not.
The world border is in all dimensions, so in the end there's still a limited amount of elytras unless you extend the border. No problem right? Just put mending on them, all's good right? But not for this particular hermit..
Grian goes through random unenchanted elytras left and right, and most of them he forgets to keep or just doesn't bother getting them back from his shenanigans.

Recently he's noticed he has no spare elytras left, he's even used (and lost might I add) all the ones from the "did you die?" Boxes! Of Course he would still have his main one if he didn't just die..

Grian blowed up

"Oh man. Uh oh. No one is online so I guess I just have to hope it doesn't despawn." Grian said now getting in a boat heading over to the shopping district. He wouldn't let it show since he was currently setting up a prank for a video, but his concern was growing.
As he made his way to his failed prank set up that killed him, he realized about half his stuff was missing. Without saying another word he ran to pick up all his stuff, immediately opening his inventory and searching through the remaining items. Passing through most of them with no patience, since his mind was thinking one thing.

'Where is my elytra?'

He bit his bottom lip slightly when he didn't see it in his inventory.

"Now that's a problem.. haha!"
He said with an awkward pause before a small laugh. The laugh was not genuine nor was the half effort smile he had splattered on his face. It was all for the camera, no one should see his massive distress in this situation. He quickly turned off his recording, dropping his smile quickly. He wasn't happy at all.

He made his long walk back to his base, now searching high and low for any type of elytra.
Sadly with no luck he resorted to asking people in the open chat if they were selling any. Another pressure being weighed on grains mind, apparently the whole server has been having a shortage of elytras, and no one is selling any.

Iskall85: if I get any more I'm definitely selling them. But I have to do it quickly since xisuma is looking to fix this problem.

Grian stared at the chat, that one the most. He felt a brief relief that xisuma would try and fix it, till another worry creeped through his skin.
How long will xisuma take to fix it?
'What do I do if I can't fly.." He thought to himself, feeling his heart sink.
He's never really been insecure about anything, always being mentally stable and just happy.

Yet there's one thing huge that even grian himself didn't worry much about till now. The small thought in his head that's been generally growing throughout time, that he's nothing if he's nor the best at flying.
It's never been a huge problem or big to him that he thought that. It never played any tool on his mental health. But now that he really can't fly, the size of this thought is finally falling down on him.

He's at a loss of words as his mind becomes messier and messier. Seconds felt like minutes for the poor hermit, and minutes felt like hours. The world seemed small but Aldo big. His heart felt heavy and his mind was tired. He knew he had to finish his video and stick to the upload time, but it just didn't feel right. Nothing did.

'What am I worth if I can't fly?"

He felt a stab in the chest as many times as he had thought about it, because he really can't come up with anything. "I just want to be worth something." He said aloud in his tall base. No one was there, just him and him alone. Sitting on the cold surface of white concrete.
Days really did pass but grian couldn't tell time anymore, for he refused to leave his base for any matters.

The other hermits' concern grew wider and wider by day.
Especially the only admins concern. Xisuma knew how grian loved to fly around and basically lived in the sky at this point. But when the shortage of elytras came around, so did the absence of the childish hermit.

Since he was the "father figure" of the hermit craft server he had to make sure all the hermits were doing good. Since perma-death is disabled on hermitcraft, hermits were usually physically well. But mentally, it was a bit harder. There are no codes or "fixes" He could make to make them all mentally stable as he could physically.

Although they are usually doing handy dandy, there are the occasional times where he must worry. And help in any way possible.

After a few days of the cheerful hermits' absence xisuma thought it's about time he checks up on grian in his base.
When he got to the tall magnificent base, he seemed rather quiet with no signs of life.

'Is he not here?'

Xisuma thought looking around through the base. After looking around he spotted a red blob with dirty blonde hair cuddled up in a corner. His eye bags were slightly red from what xisuma assumed was crying, and gray from lack of sleeping correctly. The small hermit was sleeping at the moment so xisuma has no trouble getting a closer look at the builders state.

What could xisuma do? Not much. He knew that he should continue to work on the problem at hand, but that would never really fix grians problem. After observing the blonde for a few minutes with some deep thinking, he's identified the problem with grian.

An overwhelming reliance on elytras to feel like he's good enough. Now this could all be far-fetched but xisuma trusted what he saw and his gut feeling here. Because despite this being an admins ''job" he still genuinely cared for grians health and safety, mentally and physically. No matter what all the hermits are his friends in the end, he'd feel guilty for letting them feel upset whether he was the admin or not.

There was nothing xisuma could really do without forcing grian out of his comfort zone except one small thing. Next to the sleeping grian xisuma placed a chest with a sign on top reading,

"No matter what you have or you can do, you are still grian. And you're the best grian in the world."

He took off his elytra placing it in the chest along with a book he wrote himself. The book materials consist of each page that lists some of grains achievements so far, and what's so great about them. The book has so many pages it's hard to even flip through them all!

Although it's not much he hopes grian can slowly understand that he really is worth it at his own pace. But no matter what xisuma plans to be there for him throughout the whole thing. And starts working on the elytra shortage problem immediately after he returns to his own base.

Grain was definitely overjoyed by what xisuma did, and even shed some tears for it. The shortage was fixed a few days later as well, leaving grian to slowly fix his hidden insecurity.

------------------------------------------------------------

This is open for part 2

Word count: 1358 words