Cookie of death

This is a short one with an unhappy ending.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Grian never felt that alone.

He's not even depressed. He's happy. He has friends and people who care for him. What more would he want? He has people who watch his videos of his life, and it's just perfect. What more.. No, he knows what more.

He wishes he had the qualities of everyone else. He always acknowledged these thoughts aren't true, but in his head, he's always felt just not good enough. He's never enough. He gets hate comments just like anyone else, but why does his stand out so much to him?

He can usually calm himself down by saying, ‘it's just my mind playing tricks on me’ but sometimes he can't. He cries alone, night, day, and any time you can think.

He's been subconsciously separating himself from the others. After all, he does not belong with them anyway. He's just not good enough in his mind.

He doesn't want to die. He dislikes pain. No way could he ever put it upon himself.
Yet lately, he's been hoping one day he’ll die, peacefully, with no pain.

The hermits were trying something new today, a little game night. Almost every hermit is here, and Grian decided to come. Although people keep questioning if he's alright since he's been oddly quiet.

“Next game is a simple game you've probably seen before, and not like the other games we've done!” Bdubs said, being the speaker since he's so loud and happy sounding.

“As you can see, there are 21 cookies on this table, one for each of you! So the game is one of these cookies that will taste like rotten flesh! And we have to guess who got the rotten flesh cookie, but the one who got it has to hide it!” bdubs finished his explanation.

The reason there is only 21, and not 22, is because Gemini has to sit out of this one since she made the cookies and might remember which one it was. (She has no clue, though) So each hermit took turns eating a cookie, then it was Grians turn.

He ate the cookie, but it tasted horrible, worse than rotten flesh even, but he assumed it was just like that since it's mixed with chocolate.

When everyone ate a cookie, they were about to guess till..

“Umm.. before we end the game, has anyone seen my poison? I brought it to demonstrate something in a later game, and it's missing. All I have is this ‘rotten flesh flavorizer’ so I think it might have something to do with it?..” doc said out of nowhere.

Gemini immediately jumped up and ran to the place where she made the cookies.

“Uh oh. I may have accidentally used the poison..” Gemini said, now freaking out.

“Doc, how bad is this poison?” xisuma asked, concerned. Perma death was on, unable to be turned off.

“it will kill you if you sleep.” doc said quickly.

“Alright this is no longer a game whoever had the bad tasting cookie. We need to know so we can help you.” Xisuma said in a quick response.

Grian was about to raise his hand and say ‘it was me!’ but something stopped him. Deep inside the thought lingered louder and louder with each passing second, ‘this is your chance to escape, escape the life you live. It's better for everyone.’ it said.

Grian didn't say a word or move his hand upward. No one said a word. And everyone was confused.

“Someone…" Why won't you admit it? Come on, who had the bad tasting cookie!? This isn't a joke.” xisuma said, worry growing with every word.

“Wait, it might have been this cookie! I made a batch of 22 originally, but we didn't need this one, so I put it away. I thought, ‘what are the chances it's this cookie?’ But I'm glad I did if this is the one with poison." Gemini said, holding up a cookie.

“Oh good.. Alright, everyone, sorry for worrying you.” xisuma said. And the day went on like normal.

Grian decided to smile and have fun for his last day on earth. It was great. It made him feel amazing.. But the decision was already made. It's nighttime, and he's been staring at his bed for a while.

The last day on earth..

He climbed into bed and started to fall asleep.

“You know.. I kinda.. Don't wanna die.”

he said before his consciousness fell deep in sleep. Just a few minutes later, he died, not in peace. He never really wanted to die.

He just wants.. To be happy.

We all do.

At least he won the game, tho 💀

--------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 784