Redstone Blood

Season 7
⚠️ Full on angst ⚠️
------------------------------------------------------

Grian was never really good enough.

Or at least not in his eyes

He might be able to build and fly pretty well, but he struggles with many things.

For one thing, he can't do Redstone for dear life.

In Fact it's more like he's Redstone bug spray.

He will kill your Redstone if you let him press any buttons, no doubt.

All the other hermits are fine with it, they'd never take it to heart. Just the fun little grian being grian!

So why is grain so sensitive about it? So worried?

He feels if he keeps messing up, they will start to get tired of him. He wants to get better but everytime he tries it's just failure after failure.

Like he's drawing in a forever pit of mistakes, that he can't get out of.

And the more he fails the further in he falls, till one day it will hit the bottom.

That was not dramatic in one slightest bit, one day very soon he will reach rock bottom.

And you know what happens when you hit the floor?

You die.

Grain was just walking around the shopping district a bit out of focus.

He didn't really want to focus on anything, for the numbness in his heart felt cold like a winters blow.

If he were to focus on the world around him, it would allow the freezing cold to take over his now fragile heart.

"Grian do you perhaps have any sand? you haven't restocked yet, or seen my custom order, Haha!" Impulse suddenly talked behind him.

It was quite unexpected causing the younger hermit to jump ever so slightly.

The older hermit couldn't miss it, but decided it was best to just leave it as Grian being Grian.

"O-oh. I haven't been to the barge recently,"

Grian's eyes drifted away to try and think of his next few words, being quite dizzy.

"I'll get the sand. For you.."

Grain finished. It was slow and lifeless, concerning impulse.

Grian is one of the most joyful characters on the hermitcraft server, seeing him this bothered was a rare sight.

"Hey Grain? Are you doing alright? It's just you seem a bit out of it?"

Impulse said not trying to be too pushy, but the concern is growing quickly in the olders head.

Grian just stared at him, with those uncomfortable dead eyes.

"Do you have any Redstone tips?"

Grain asked, catching the impulse of guard.

'Just why would he ask something like that out of nowhere?' Impulse thought now nervous and confused. But most importantly, Concerned for his little friend.

"Grian, can you answer my question first?" Impulse asked, trying to steady his thoughts.

Grian was about to speak before a voice in the distance talked over him.

"Hey guys!"

The cheerful man ran over. It was of course scar, oblivious to what was going down before he jumped in.

"Hi impulse! Hi grain! I just wanted to plop in to ask grain if he's going to restock the barge anytime soon?"

Scar said, looking back and forth at the two.

"Sure." Grian responded. Before impulse could let out another word, grain was already well on his way soaring through the open air, far away from here.

Of Course impulse still had his worries, there was not much he could do, and just hoped for the best trying to get rid of the bad feeling that just sits on his head.

Grain on the other hand, felt nothing but a pure numbness, he knew he should feel something. But there wasn't much he could achieve with just knowing.

He was worried about everything.

The Redstone has taken a tool on him.

He didn't feel good anymore, as if his heart was exploding into a million pieces.

But before he could let himself fall completely into the mess of his thoughts.

He figured he'd restock the barge one last time.

After hours of digging and grinding the barge was completely full of supplies. He's gotten rid of the prices and just wrote "Free". He wouldn't have any use for the Diamonds or materials anyway.

Grian walked, he didn't fly, he walked in the overworld. All the way to his base, to enjoy the beauty of the cursed world one last time.

He made a machine, a Redstone one. That should throw TNT right where he stands as he pulls the lever. Grian really wanted to know. Is he cursed with Redstone? If he is, this shouldn't work. But if it works its finale, he was just never good enough for the world.

He pulled the lever just to feel a splash of pain all over his poor body, and a loud ringing in his ears. He couldn't seem to open his eyes, for he had finally reached the bottom. Where his Redstone covered blood will forever stain.

----------------------------------------------------------

This one is not open for part 2

Word count: 825 words