Dreams of the past

an au like healing feathers (my other book)

Hello! This will not be officially part of this book, grian angst. It will be its own book. It probably won't get updated as often, but I came up with the idea and decided it didn't fit into this book, so it's its own.

But here's chapter one to see if it catches your interest, though I think you should at least check it out either way, just in case you like any other future chapters.

Hope you enjoy, this! Please check the book if interested :D !

AUUUUUUU AUUU AUU AUUUU AUUU
--------------------------------------------------------------

The world is silent at night. It seems to pass fast to the ones who stay awake during the nights. Usually, it's not much different for those who sleep because most here do not have dreams, other than their already so ambition filled minds from morning.

when they sleep, there are no thoughts or dreams, end of story.

Yet recently, grian has been having these odd dreams. Nothing like he's ever heard of them, perhaps they are nightmares.

The first time he had a dream, it was scary and new. He felt as if he were trapped for all eternity. It was dark, a never-ending void, with only occasional purple particles flowing away. At first, it was magical, but then it felt as if he were there for hours, and when he woke up, he didn't feel so well rested.

This dream repeated for about a month now, and he wouldn't dare tell a soul, for something drifts him away from sharing this dream.

"Alright. Ima stay up tonight to finish some of my work, wanna stay up with me too, grian? It's been a while since you have." a man named mumbo asked.

Today, Grian and him were just chilling, not doing much, but doing enough. Mumbo was talking about redstone for a while, so grian kinda zoned out in boredom. Though mumbo asked.. Him to stay up? Why hasn't he thought of that? To stop the dream, he has to not sleep!

"YES! I will!" Grian said happily. mumbo was a bit taken back by the blonde's excitement but decided to just go with it. So they had fun the entire night, minus the redstone talks. My prediction is anyone reading this book probably isn't the best at redstone.. After reading some of the people's comments in my past books, I think redstone might be an enemy to grian fans or something - anyway.

"Griannn... grian!" mumbo shouted, trying to get Grian's attention.

"Why are you so tired? If you need to sleep, I don't want to force you to stay up!" mumbo said nervously. He wasn't sure what grian needed to be honest or why he's acting like this. Grian was acting strange. He knew it himself. The only thing he can think about is sleeping, and he's beyond tired, but sleep is the last thing he wants. Why would he want to be trapped alone staring into the void for hours? You can't even sleep in a dream. It's lonely.

"I.. Want to stay u-" grian was about to say he wants to stay up, but.. He didn't stay up for long. He just passed out on the floor, ouch.

"Grian!?" is the last thing he heard from mumbo.

He knew what was coming, the dream.

Yet things were different. He was in a school.

"Huh? Where am I?" grian asked aloud. He looked around to see many people, most looking like students to this school he was in. "This is different," he said, confused about his surroundings. He seemed to be in a hallway, shorter than usual. He's always been pretty short, but this is very short, as if he were a kid. Though he didn't miss the fact that he seemed to be a little taller than everyone else still, since all the students were definitely kids.

"We gotta go to class! Gotta go to class" he heard a kid singing behind him. They all seem to go towards the same class, then stop, frozen.

He walked towards the room in curiosity. Perhaps it would help him figure out where he was.

Then he stopped with the kids, frozen in place. The sight he saw was nothing good for any kid, something traumatizing. It would even traumatize an adult. The teacher was dead, from his own self. Why would he do that in a school where all these kids see? He looked around, trying not to focus on the teacher or the chair he used to perform his actions. Grian looked at the kids, some scared, others confused, and some.. Unfazed. A boy in a bunny hat turned his head to look at him and smiled. Then he woke up.

Grian jumped up tired from his own dream, eyes wide in the deja vu he was feeling. What the? Why did that all feel so familiar? He's heard of schools in foreign servers, but he's in hermitcraft. He's always been in hermitcraft. Right?... Currently, he's just thinking blankly on his bed, lost in his mind. He didn't wanna go back, but he was so curious about what was happening, who everyone was..

"Grian? Are you awake?" Xismua asked unexpectedly.

Grian didn't even notice his presence; he was so out of it. 'Yeah. Are you here because I passed out?" grian asked, already knowing the answer. "Yeah," xisuma said, sitting down with soup next to Grian. "Do you know why you passed out?" xisuma asked, sitting down now.

Silence filled the room as the air got cold.

"Xisuma?.." grian said, filling the silence.

"Yes, Grian?" xisuma questioned.

"Have I always been in hermitcraft?" grian asked, making xisuma flinch a bit.
"Of course you have! Where else would you have been?" xisuma said, ignoring his earlier flinch to the question.

"But now that i think of it.." grian mumbled, clenching his fists against his blankets. It hurt his mind to realize, but..

"I don't remember anything before season six.." grian questioned his own reality he's been living. He's always been in hermitcraft! No where else, hermitcraft is his only origin, well he thought so until today. Xisuma didn't say a word. He couldn't, he didn't know what else to say.

"Hermitcraft is the only place tha-" xisuma was cut off. "Tell me the truth, xisuma. Please don't completely break my trust in you." grian said, looking over to xisuma. You could tell blandly how distressed Grian was at the moment. After all, his whole life could have been a lie.

"Hermitcraft is not your.. Original home.." xisuma said hesitantly. "You.." Grian was at a loss of words. What is he supposed to say to that? Why did they lie to him? Who was all in on this? Who knows? Does everyone know him? Why? Just why?

" It was for the better. You.. the places you were before are not good places, you needed to forget them." Xisuma said guilty.

"..What are the places? What's the truth of me that I don't even know?" Grian asked, tears threatening to spill with every word. What is he to think? Should he forgive and forget? No.. he can't. He doesn't want to live in lies his whole life.

"Your original server was called yandere high. You went to a school there for a while. Soon, you left for another place, similar to hermitcraft, you could say. And now you're here! There is nothing bad or anything to be curious about. Can't we just continue our lives without knowing? I promise it will be so much better for you to not know any more." xisuma said, practically begging grian to stop talking about this.

Xisuma's guilty consciousness won't let him answer grains questions. After all, grian does have the right to know his origins.

"I want to know more.. I want to know who the kid with the bunny hat is.. And what the void with the purple particles is, I need to know.." grian mumbled, loud enough for xisuma to hear.

"How do you?.. Who told you about that?.." xisuma questioned, startled.

Grian just looked away silently, not even now. he says he saw it in his dreams. His mind repels him from ever saying it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Word count: 1297

If ya wondering, I'm still writing grian angst and healing feathers. That's why I mentioned this will not get updates right away! But still fun righttt? :D?