Online

------------------------------

Online, They call him the parrot boy. No.. bird boy. Or maybe the building king?

Eh.. any of them would work. Well could they? Grian looked over to his wings, after staring at his phone for so long.

"They are kinda like parrot wings.. and parrots are birds."

He mumbled to himself. He looked back at his phone again. His eyes narrowed at a caption to one particular article.

"Grian is the building king and here's why" He read aloud.

"That's…" Grian talked, but said the rest in his head.

He was alone, but not really alone. For what layed in his hand was the whole world, and his recent dependence. A simple electronic phone. He slid his fingers across the screen as he read the article thoroughly. You see..  grian is known to stay away from the internet. Of Course it's his job to post videos of his life in hermitcraft, but he never really looked at the stuff he was now.

He liked to stay away from controversy and arguments, which are all over the internet! But recently he has been feeling empty and unfulfilled with anything he does.

Like nothing serves any purpose.. why is he even alive? So he went to the internet for an escape. He wanted nothing more than to escape from the past and present. Even the future wasn't something he wanted. He didn't want to live. But he also didn't want to die. He hates pain, yet he can't help but want to feel it sometimes. The pain is a reminder he's alive. Yet does he really want that reminder? What does he want? He couldn't help but always lean towards the stuff about him. Whether it be good or bad, he'd read it all and compare himself. He doesn't see anything wrong with that.. It's just an improvement.

"None of these are true." Grian said, finally done reading.

He stared blankly at his phone, doing nothing but breathing. He wanted to put the phone away, he should have put the phone away. Yet he looked something just so horrible up.

(THIS IS NOT REAL! THIS IS NOT REAL!)

He looked up negative things about him, the people who hated him. He saw things about him being to chaotic, mean, evil, stupid, incapable, and all that.

"Grian is getting fat and lazy."

He read a comment he saw under a post asking about his negatives.

"Fat?" Grian questioned, looking down on himself.

"Hmm.. It doesn't look like I am.. but what do I know.." grian said, getting up from his sitting position.

"I'm getting fat and lazy. I should listen to the audience." Grian said, with no one to hear but himself. He launched himself in the air with his beautiful wings, flying smoothly towards his base.

"Hmm.. not good enough." He said, not appreciating his own hard work.

He opened his inventory and pulled out a load of blocks and started working. He shouldn't have been working, this was his resting day. A while back xisuma decided every hermit will have a day or two to rest, since some of them worked themselves too hard. Grian was never one of those people who worked himself too hard, everyone knew him to have great self care. Yet he can't really seem to care.

He has fallen to a state of mind that all he wants to do is work, if he doesn't, he's worthless. Nobody was going to bother grian on his rest day. No one was worried. Sometimes a hermit will stay with another hermit on their rest day, but.. grian never needed that. He always was good, and did as he was told. But now he couldn't care less. He worked. Worked for hours with no break, till night he fell above his head. Did he stop for the night? No.

"Hm, I'm hungry." Grian said, still placing block after block.

Then a sudden pause took place in his motions. He looked down at himself again. "No. The audience said I'm fat and lazy. I don't deserve food." Grian said, getting back to his placing of the blocks. It went throughout the Night and into the day. Until rockets could be heard coming closer and closer to himself.

"Hey grian- oh! oh You got a lot of work done! But wasn't yesterday your break day? How'd you get this all done this morning?" Mumbo said, swooping in. Taking a bit of impact damage, but walked it off.

Grian in response just shrugged. A moment of silence was held between the two, for grian being not energetic was just.. odd. Mumbos known grian before he was a hermit, before anyone else on this server. So obviously, although he's a spoon, he can catch on.

"Grian." Mumbo said, sounding somewhat mad.

Grian flinched and froze. He knew that voice. Mumbos about to scold him!

"Have you been on the internet recently? Looking at negative comments?" Mumbo said, like an angry dad or something.

"Sorry sorry! I won't do it again!" Grian said, now terrified of his best friend. Well It's… not really terrified.. in fact he's glad mumbos doing this. Him knowing grian problem right away is kinda comforting. He cares about him, and knowing that makes the world feel warmer.

"As punishment you need to take a two day break with me watching, and then do Redstone with me for a week!" Mumbo said confidently.

"Noooo! Anything but the Redstone!" Grian said winning.

"Ok ok. Only a day of Redstone as long as you promise to stay away from the internet." Mumbo said, patting the shorter's head.

"I promise." Grian winned.

And he forgot about all the negativity, cuz Mumbo is his best friend. And he shall forever always be.

------------------

Words: 901