Chapter 3: An Escape

George POV.

“Are you sure that you know what you’re doing?” I asked the ravenette as he fiddled with the bracelets on Karl’s wrists, trying to carefully slide his knife between Karl’s wrists and the steel bands. “Because if he gets hurt then I swear to god…”
“I know what I’m doing for fucks sake!” Skeppy snapped at me, glaring towards me.

“Look, I don’t fancy going to prison, today has been stressful enough thank you very much,” he spoke with a tone, glaring at me. I simply gave him the same look back, but Karl used the hand that wasn’t being held by Skeppy to shake my shoulder.
“George. He has a point.” Karl said quietly.

“Plus, the only chance you have of getting Bad to safety at this point is if we get these bracelets off of Karl and somebody opens that door. Then he can teleport Bad to the hospital and he won’t risk losing an arm.” Skeppy explained. He continued to fiddle with the steel before there was a clicking noise and he pulled it off.

“See, if I was planning on double crossing you right now why would I do this 404?” He asked me, raising an eyebrow slightly. Before I could answer he moved onto the other bracelet, repeating what he did the first time and trying to get the bracelet off.

I let out a sigh and walked over to one of the walls of the dark room, trying to check again, but it was just the same stuff as we had already figured out. The bolts along the wall were the same type as the ones that secured the bomb to the floor. Whereas the ones which were in the bomb itself were different, easier to unscrew.

All of this stuff was new as well, the metal and screws were less than four months old, or that’s what Skeppy concluded at least. He told me that the last shipment of supplies came in days after Wilbur arrived and that he and the other criminals are all wealthy enough to buy new, high quality, stuff.

But then again, Skeppy didn’t even know this giant prison was being made and it was like a five minute walk away from the place where he had been staying. It wasn’t clear how much I could trust him, but right now it was the only choice I had.

“And done!” The ravenette announced as the other bracelet came off of Karl’s wrist, sending a loud clatter through the room as it hit the floor. A smug look appeared on his face at his accomplishment as Karl rubbed his wrists and thanked him appreciatively.

Karl stood up, continuing to rub the skin which had turned red from how tight the steel bracelets had been. He walked over to where Bad was lying, his eyes were shut and it was clear that he had passed out due to the pain. The passed out hero’s head was on Foolish’s lap, but when Karl sat down beside our friend he adjusted Bad so he was leaning on him.

The door was in Karl’s line of sight, and the second it opened he would teleport Bad to the nearest hospital. All we could do now was sit around and wait, but thankfully we didn’t end up having to wait for long.

It seems that the room was soundproof, because we heard banging on the door but couldn’t make out any voices. All of us stood up, with Skeppy and I both being ready to attack while Karl just held Bad closer, in preparation to teleport the second that he got the chance.

I took the banging as a good sign, since that means it wouldn’t be Punz or Wilbur, since they both had a way to unlock the room. My hope was for it to be Dream or Sapnap, since I knew that they would probably not hurt my friends if I was with them, and that they’d believe that Wilbur is a bad guy if both me and Skeppy confirm it.

Suddenly the door was thrown open, and Karl immediately teleported the second light flooded the room, taking Bad with him. All of our eyes stayed on the door, and a smile appeared on my face as I saw Sapnap there, his eyes glancing around at all of us. “George?” He asked when he saw me, then he glanced at the ravenette, “Skeppy?”

“Sapnap,” I let out a smile as a little bit of fresh air appeared in the room, although it smelt heavily of fish and sea salt. “Thank god you found us.”
“George? Where is Karl?” Sapnap asked in response. There was a worried tone in his words, and from the corner of my eyes I could see Philza, Foolish, Ranboo, and Tubbo all tense up.

“Karl is safe.” I reassured him. “He teleported the second that you got to the door. He teleported a friend to hospital. Our friend was hurt really badly.”
Behind Sapnap someone stepped into the room, and my eyes lit up as I saw the familiar blond, with his tall narrow frame and his bright blue eyes.

“Tommy!” Philza shouted the second he saw him, beginning to sprint over to his son and pushing Sapnap away when he got there. The arsonist pulled out a gun and pointed it at the older blond, clearly not happy that he had been pushed.

“Sapnap don’t, Tommy is his son.” I informed him, walking briskly over and pushing the gun so that it was angled down. Sapnap sent me a glance before putting the gun away, taking a step back while Philza glared at him, holding his son in a hug.

“Ew gross what the fuck?” Tommy asked, pushing his father away from him and glaring. Then he noticed Ranboo and Tubbo and ran over to his friends. When we were all gathered around Tommy he gave us a wary look. “Why are you all here?”

“There was a situation. We were all taken hostage by your brother.” I informed him, and his eyes widened at the last two words that I said.
“What do you mean my brother?” He asked, “Wil-Wilbur did all this?”
“Wait, Wilbur took you and Karl?” Sapnap asked immediately after.

I turned to him and nodded. “I don’t remember much of how, but he came into Dream’s room and chloroformed me and Karl. By then he already knew that the two of us were heroes. He referred to me as 404.”
“Wait Sapnap knows you are 404? And Wilbur does too?” Philza asked.

Philza seemed stressed when I nodded, sighing loudly. “Let's get out of here,” he eventually concluded. “There are a lot of things you didn’t tell me George, but once we are safe and far from Wilbur and these docks then I will have a talk with you.”
“I don’t think it’s a good idea for George to leave,” Sapnap spoke.

“You don’t get to talk,” Philza warned the criminal. “I have the authority to get you arrested right now for several cases of murder, arson, kidnapping, assault, and god knows what else. George is not going to be staying around here any longer.” He then directed his words at me. “George, you are going to be stepping down from your mission right now.”

“That won’t work.” Sapnap cut him off. “Dream is looking for George, if he finds him anywhere in the city nobody wants to know what he will do.”
“I should stay,” I agreed. “Phil I’ve been fine so far and I still am fine. Plus, if I slip enough hints to Dream then maybe he’ll deal with Wilbur and you won’t have to.”

“Dream will kill Wilbur. You can’t be serious.” Tommy stated, feeling protective over his brother even after all that has happened.
“Wilbur just tried to kill all of us, and was planning on killing Dream, Sapnap, Quackity, and every other criminal in this city after we were dead.” Foolish added.

“You can stay George,” Philza said. “Both Skeppy and Sapnap know about you, but if either of them say a word they'll be locked up for life.”
Both of them agreed, seemingly deciding that stopping Wilbur was worth it, and then Philza looked over at them. “Can we get a ride?”
_________________________________________
1420 words

420... Nice

Also, people who read the first story, are you enjoying it so far?

People who didn't read the first one, why the fuck are you here?