Chapter 20: Set up

Dream POV.

I made sure to keep George close to me, just because I didn’t want anything bad to happen to him around Wilbur again. It seemed that the brunette was equally worried, trying to keep close between myself and Skeppy.

We rounded the corner so the hostages and the hostage takers were both visible, and a smirk grew on my face as I saw that the pair of Skeppy’s ex-henchmen didn’t notice us. About a dozen hostages were lined up opposite them, and some of them saw us, however they all knew better than to talk.

I took a moment to check that my brunette was still safely beside me, before stepping out of the shadows so I was visible. Skeppy did the same and all of the hostages began tensing up, clearly not liking the idea of two major criminals being here with them. But honestly, for once we weren’t the biggest problem for them to deal with.

However the pair of Skeppy’s ex henchmen weren’t reacting as well as the hostages, noticeably freaking out the second the two of us stepped out of the shadows. Most of the people around here were too scared to do anything, not that I was complaining. But one gutsy man decided to speak up.

“You are both screwed now!” He said, and I turned my head to full on glare at him from under my mask, not that he could see that. “Wilbur Soot is going to come and save us!”
“I don’t fear Wilbur.” I responded, his name feeling like venom in my mouth. “He is nothing but a coward.”

“And I wouldn’t be so sure that Wilbur would save you either,” Skeppy added on. “After all he is the one who set this up.”
“No he didn’t!” The same man said. “Wilbur is the most honest hero this city has ever fucking had. After you killed Technoblade!”

“I didn’t kill Technoblade, neither did Sapnap or Skeppy,” I commented. “But do you want to know what your precious ‘superhero’ did to Techno?” My smirk continued to grow as I stalked towards the man, who kept tensing up with every step I took.

“Wilbur wouldn’t have done anything to him.” The man said, his voice trembling slightly. I simply rolled my eyes at him before turning my attention back to the pair of henchmen.
“And where exactly is Wilbur? We thought we’d be seeing him tonight.”

“I don’t know.” The slightly taller of the two henchmen responded. “I have been working for Skeppy my whole life. I wouldn’t dare work for a hero like Wilbur.”
“Clearly you aren’t an actor,” I responded, pointing my gun at the henchman. “That is the biggest bullshit I think I have heard in a while.”

“And I steal gems.” Skeppy responded. “The paintings here are for a charity run art auction. Paintings with nothing to do with gems whatsoever. Plus, I’d never steal from charity” He paused to let out a laugh before approaching his henchmen as well. “Whoever impersonated me and told you to take over this place clearly knows nothing.”

Without waiting a second the ravenette fired two shots, hitting both of his former henchmen easily. One of the bullets went through the tallers chest, and the other one went through the shorter man’s arm. I watched as the two of them fell to the ground, blood already pouring out of both of their wounds.

Most of the hostages ended up screaming at the sound of the gun, and at the sight of blood, and at the sight of the dead bodies. “Impressive,” I smirked at Skeppy, before turning to the rest of the hostages and yelling at them to shut up. For fucks sake I am pretty sure this is the only time I will let every innocent person walk away unharmed.

“You are correct, Dream. That is rather impressive.” We all looked up, even the hostages were shocked, as we saw Wilbur standing on top of a pile of metal crates. “However, you are incorrect about my intentions. Why would I ever hurt Technoblade, my dear brother? You however. As a criminal that is something you’d do.”

“Save us Wilbur!” One of the women who were tied up screamed. “Please! They’re insane. They just killed their own henchmen.” The ‘superhero’ glanced down at her as he said that and his smile turned to one of reassurance.
“Don’t worry ma’am, I’ll be down to help in a minute. I am just waiting for a friend of mine.”

My eyes narrowed as he said that and I immediately started looking around for whoever was here with Wilbur. Another thing that made me feel cautious was the fact that Sapnap and Karl weren’t here. Sapnap was one to let his love life distract him, but I knew that wouldn’t happen at a time like this.

“Don’t worry Wilbur. I’m sorry I kept you waiting.” Of course. Punz. The traitorous skunk was obviously the person Wilbur was waiting for. My head turned to look at him, and I saw he had Sapnap and Karl with him. Karl was limping slightly and resting his weight on the ravenette who was pointing a gun at the platinum blond while backing away.

“Punz. God, you have no idea how much I want to just rip your head off of your shoulders right now.” I growled at him, watching as he turned to smirk back at me. “You and that fake superhero pal of yours too.”

“Well, do you want a real superhero then?” Wilbur smiled, and the way he said it made me immediately tense up, I felt like something bad was going to happen. “I mean if you want to then you could, couldn’t you?”
“What the hell are you talking about?” I growled lowly, aiming my gun towards him.

“If you want to talk to a hero. Then maybe you should talk to Jacobs and 404. Although, you probably know them by different names. Right, George and Karl?” My attention immediately turned to the brunette standing beside me.
“George?” I asked, clearly confused, and he looked over at me.

“He’s lying, obviously.” he responded, smiling at me, and I smiled back at him. I knew that even with my mask on my face he knew how I was reacting,
“Oh, so cute. So loving.” Wilbur chuckled. “Are you feeling a… spark… between the two of you?” He questioned.

There was no answer from me, however the sound of Wilbur snapping his fingers caused me to look back over at him just in time to see the platinum blond firing his gun straight at Sapnap. There wasn’t enough time to react. He wouldn’t be able to get out of the way. It was as if the whole world had slowed down to show what was happening.

And then suddenly, the two of them had disappeared, instead reappearing right beside where Skeppy, George, and I were standing. Confusion washed through me, and immediately I turned my gun off of Wilbur and towards Karl.

“What the fuck’s going on?!” I demanded to know. I didn’t get an answer though. Before I did, Karl had grabbed George and the two of them disappeared too. Leaving me, Sapnap, and Skeppy alone with the false hero.
_________________________________________
1306 words

Wow it's a set up. Can't believe none of you guys guessed that would happen.

Those of you who wanted this to happen though just know that means all the super kinky DNF smut is gone.
It means all the super kinky Karlnap smut is gone.

And all the Skeppy being alone because BBH is in the hospital and wouldn't allow that muffin-fuck to be a part of smut is gone (wouldn't it be not gone because it was never going to happen in the first place?)