Chapter 53: Another plan

Wilbur POV.

“Get up and stop being pathetic,” I snarled, looking down at Punz as he curled up on the floor of the basement. “We have to get going.”
“Why do you have to have that tone with me?” The platinum blond asked back. “I was fighting more than you were.”

He had been sitting on the floor in the corner of the basement for about ten minutes now, whimpering like a small child all the while Clay and 404 got further away. I had gone to pursue them, but the police were all outside at this point already beginning a search and so I returned to Punz to help him.

“Sorry if it hurts when I get kicked in the nuts and electrocuted at the same time.” He muttered as he stood up, brushing dust off of his clothes as he did.
“No point apologising now,” I grumbled, before turning to head upstairs without waiting for him to follow.

Police were swarming the building at this point, grabbing every shred of evidence that they could gather and bagging it for analysis. Every book, door handle, and shelf was being dusted for fingerprints. Every plate and fork and cup was being searched for saliva. It was insane how overboard they were looking to try and get any information on Dream.

“Wilbur, sir!” A young looking police officer said excitedly as he ran over to me, clutching a plastic bag. “I am a huge fan, and I-uhh just wanted to show you that I found these masks.” He held up Dream’s mask in one hand and 404’s goggles in the other.

“Good job,” I responded, acting as though I was proud of this cop when honestly I couldn’t care less. “Why don’t you take it to your commanding officer, they’ll appreciate it a lot. Actually, where are they? I need to talk to them.”

“I’m the commanding officer.” I spun around to see someone that I wasn’t too excited to see. It was Sam. He was standing there with his arms crossed as he looked down at me and I just smiled in return. “I am Captain Awesamdude. And I have heard a lot about you Wilbur.” From the way he sounded I could tell that he remembered me, but I managed to keep casual.

“Hopefully it’s all good things,” I responded, trying not to tip anybody else off to what the cop knew. He seemed like he wasn’t in any rush to expose me though, probably because he didn’t have any proof of what I was doing. Sam just hummed at my question, not giving me a verbal answer.

Punz was walking up the stairs of the basement at this point, after taking ages to get up here in the first place. He looked past me and over at the other police officer and his face paled completely. I didn’t let him say anything though as I grabbed the platinum blond’s arm. “Come on Punz.” I stated, “we should probably get back to finding those criminals.”

As I walked towards the door I made sure to push past Sam, sending him a cold look at the exact same time. The two of us left the building, with me smiling and waving at the gathering crowd, before heading off down the street, with none of them trying to follow either of us as we left.

I managed to keep quiet until we reached the industrial area of the city, me standing on the roof of a factory with Punz standing beside me, and I screamed out a loud slew of swear words. He stood beside me quietly, knowing better than to say anything as I yelled out in rage.

“Fucking God,” I growled once I had somewhat calmed down. “I had thought that I finally got them. But it turns out that they managed to escape?”
“Wilbur…” the platinum blond began, but I ignored him as I continued my rant.

“I had thought that Clay hated George. After all, George is a superhero who witnessed what Clay was planning on doing. Apparently they’ve become friends again though. That came out of fucking nowhere.”
“Are you really that surprised?” Punz asked, causing me to turn and look at him suspiciously.

“What are you talking about?” I questioned in response. “What do you mean ‘are you really that surprised’?”
“Well they all seem to hate each other, it seems that they hate you just as much. If not more. I think they’d be fine working together as long as it means that you get caught.”

His words caused me to sigh, however I did see some sense in them. So I had to agree with him. “But I still don’t understand why George was in the basement if they are getting along.” I murmured, this time it was directed more to myself than it was to the platinum blond, however he answered anyway.

“Maybe they have some kinky sex thing going on.” Punz shrugged as he moved to stand on the edge of the building. “Besides…” he continued. “Why does it matter anyway why he was in the basement? All that we know is that they are working together and I also know Sapnap and Jacobs are doing the same thing...”

His words got me thinking for a minute, and then I suddenly thought of something. A wide smirk grew on my face and I looked over at the platinum blond who was now giving me a confused look. “What?” He questioned, crossing his arms as he looked me up and down. “You are planning something. What is it?”

“Well Punz,” I smiled, wrapping my arm around his shoulder as I went to explain. “We had four heroes. Firstly there was 404, who is currently friends with Dream. Next there was Jacobs, who is currently friends with Sapnap. And then we have Techno, who is currently, sadly, tragically, dead. But who does that leave behind?”

Punz thought for a moment and I rolled my eyes at how long it was taking. Eventually he gave a worried, unsure answer. “Badboyhalo?” He questioned, and I gave a nod.
“Exactly.” I responded. Before beginning an explanation because I knew he wouldn’t understand.

“Because of how classified taking care of a superhero is, the elite hospital staff that were assigned to take care of Bad cut all contact from the outside world. Meaning that they don’t know that I exposed them as criminals. If I could find where that secret facility is then I can take him and the heroes will have to choose between stopping me and saving their friend.”

“That could work.” Punz said excitedly, beaming over at me and I couldn’t help but do the same thing in response. “Then nothing could go wrong.”
“Agreed. Nothing could go wrong.” I nodded as I descended down to street level and stopped in front of my headquarters.

Turns out something could go wrong, I grumbled to myself at what I had just said as I saw the two dead bodies on the floor, blood pooling around both of them. One was a man we hired to just sit at an unused bus stop every day, the other was a woman who sat against the wall pretending to be homeless. Now both lifeless in front of me.

But that isn't what I cared about, I immediately ran into the building, pushing past the few people in the hallways as I ran to the place I was most worried about, and I was right. The door to Tommy's room was kicked open and he was gone.

That instantly made me pissed, especially after my earlier loss against Dream and George in a fight.
I swear to fucking God when I find out who the hell took my brother I will make them regret ever being born.

Actually, I already knew who would be behind it. Philza and his do-good fucking heroes. He would pay for taking Tommy, and it just so happens that he has an superhero who he isn't able to micromanage at the moment that I might be able to take.
_________________________________________
1389 words.

Another Wilbur Soot plan (is this like the third or fourth one he's tried?)
And this time he is going after the muffin who is already injured.